Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Dara Kushner is a member of the Kushner family and, through marriage, also has ties to the US President Donald Trump’s family. She is mostly known for her charity work.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Dara Kushner is the eldest child of real estate tycoon Charles Kushner and his wife Seryl Kushner Stadtmauer.
- She was raised in a modern Jewish Orthodox family & has two brothers – Jared Kushner & Joshua Kushner, and a younger sister, Nicole Kushner Meyer.
- She has stayed for most of her life in Livingstone, New Jersey.
- Her paternal grandparents, Rae Kushner and Joseph Kushner, were responsible for beginning their family business, but they were also survivors of the holocaust.
- They came to the US in 1949 from Navarudak, Poland, after unfortunately losing most of their respective families.
- She is the only member of her family who leads a relatively quiet life & does not work in the family business; however, she does sit as the director for the “Charles and Seryl Kushner Family Foundation” charity.
Marriage & Other Personal Details :
- Dara married David Orbach in 2009. He previously worked as an investment banker, and in 2015 accepted the role of CEO for the New Jersey Regal Banks. They have two daughters together
- Education : She attended The Frisch School with her siblings. It is a private co-ed yeshiva school, and she serves on the board of directors for the school as of 2017.
Father Charles Kushner Prison & Conviction :
- In 2005, Dara’s father Charles was arrested on 18 counts of campaign contributions, tax evasion, and witness tampering.
- He was sentenced to serve two years in prison, of which he served 14 months at the Federal Prison Camp in Alabama.
- Although Dara is known as the quiet member of her family and an aversion for the limelight, she came out at the time to defend her father and stated that the media does not know the full story and that they needed to leave her family alone.
David Orbach Dara Kushner & Ties to Politics :
No confirmed information about this, but as of 2020, she seems to be in her late thirties.
- Dara’s eldest brother Jared Kushner is married to Ivanka Trump, the daughter of the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump.
- Jared was elected to the position of the Director of American Initiative, a new office created by President Trump in 2017. Due to this, and there being a no-conflict clause, he was forced to sell all of his shares and rights to his family business.
- Dara and David purchased them and publicly stated that they wanted to keep the Kushner business in the Kushner family