Bio Profile / Wiki Information
- Simona Mangiante (Full Name : Simona Mangiante Papadopoulos) is an Italian model, lawyer, fashion designer and actress.
- Simona is the wife of energy consultant George Papadopoulos, a former member of the foreign policy advisory panel during Donald Trump’s 2016 Presidential campaign.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Simona Mangiante was born in January 1981 near Naples in Caserta, Italy. Her parents were both in the teaching field – One was an English teacher and the other, a professor.
- Growing up in Caserta, Simona attended the University of Naples Federico II, studying law from 2002 to 2006. She also studied in Milan, and spent a year as an Erasmus exchange student at the University of Valencia in Spain, focusing on International Law and Legal Studies from 2003 to 2004.
- In September 2016, Simona initially connected with the man who would become her husband, George Papadopoulos, on the professional website Linkedin. George sent her a message, and the two became close in the following months.
- The couple first met in person in April of 2017, in New York City, and traveled to Europe together until the end of July. After the trip, George and Simona both returned to their respective countries.
Troubled Times :
- George was arrested by the FBI upon his return to the United States and was let go a day later having agreed to cooperate with the Mueller probe into Russian involvement in the 2016 elections.
- Following this set of circumstances, Simona flew to the US to accompany her future husband but was also served a subpoena by the FBI asking for her cooperation in an interview, which she attended as her own legal representation.
- Simona was questioned about her involvement with a previous employer of hers that had become a person of interest in the probe, the Maltese Joseph Mifsud. She was not charged of any untoward behavior, but there was a lot of media uproar regarding the possibility of her actually being a Russian spy.
- Amidst the chaos & media frenzy, Simona and George were married on March 2, 2018.
- Currently, she resides in Los Angeles, California.
Work, Salary & Net Worth :
- Simona worked for the European Parliament in Brussels, Belgium, from October 2009 to September 2016. She was the administrator of the parliamentary body for the presidency office.
- Following the end of her contract with the European Parliament, Simona spent September to November of 2016 in London, working for Joseph Mifsud’s London Centre of International Law Practice (LCILP).
- From January 2017 to September 2017, she practiced international law and government advocacy between Brussels and Rome.
- Since 2018, she has been pursuing a career in acting in Los Angeles.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
Married. See above for more details.
- Simona created the Agape by Simona fashion line in May 2019.
- She collaborated with British director Paul Wiffen on an unfinished low-budget movie called Affairs on Capri, where she played the role of Brigitte Bardot. Wiffen said that Simona recruited most of her family as cast on the project.
- A gifted polyglot, Simona speaks five languages fluently.