Gigi Graham is a published author & book writer. However, she is better recognized as the daughter of the famous preacher Billy Graham.
Parents, Family Background & Education :
- Gigi was born on September 21, 1945, in Montreat, North Carolina, to parents Billy and Ruth Graham.
- Her father, Billy Graham, an American evangelist, was highly popular and revered during his lifetime.
- Her mother, Ruth Bell Graham, passed away in 2007, while Billy passed away in 2018. The couple was married for an astonishing 60+ years.
- Gigi has two brothers and two sisters, all of whom decided to follow their father’s work.
Personal Relationships :
- Gigi got married to a Swiss-Armenian guy Stephan Tchividjian in Switzerland when she was just 17 years old. After a couple of years, the two of them decided to move back to the US, where they went on to have 7 children. Some years later, they decided to divorce.
- One of her children, son Tullian Tchividjian was a former pastor at Presbyterian Church in America. Gigi’s daughter Jerushah Armfield is often seen on the panels of CNN news.
- Post her divorce with Stephan, Gigi decided to get married again, but this time she settled down with a private investigator. However, the marriage did not last long, and they got divorced.
- In 2012, she fell in love again and decided to marry her old childhood friend Jim Wilson.
Book Writing & Works as an Author :
- Gigi has published a number of books such as Mothers Together together with her mother in 1998, Coffee and Conversation With Ruth Bell Graham and Gigi Graham Tchividjian in 1997, A Quiet Knowing in 2001 and Diapers and Dishes or Pinstripes and Pumps: Christian Women in a Changing World.
- She also published Prodigals and Those Who Love Them: Words of Encouragement for Those Who Wait in 2008.
- Some of her other published books include A Search for Serenity: Encouragement for Your Weary Days and Weatherproof Your Heart.
- Since 2014, she works as a family representative of “The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association,” a center of conferences that belongs to her father.
Other Trivia :
- Gigi had the chance to live not only in numerous US states but also in places like Israel and Switzerland.
- She really admires her parents, but she never felt any pressure to follow their steps. She says they never judged people and always supported Gigi & her siblings through their lives.