Meredith Seacrest is an American producer, executive director, and philanthropist. She is the younger sister of media icon Ryan Seacrest.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Born as Meredith Marie Seacrest, she is the daughter of Constance Marie Zullinger (mother, a housewife), and Gary Lee Seacrest, (father, a real estate lawyer).
- Ryan Seacrest, her brother, is a radio and television personality well-known for hosting the singing competition show, American Idol, a highly followed song countdown radio program called American Top 40 & and co-hosting the morning talk show, Live with Kelly and Ryan.
- Ryan also hosts a great radio show, On Air with Ryan Seacrest.
- Since 2016, Meredith is married to Jimmy Leach, senior executive of TOMS, a renowned shoe company. They exchanged vows in an extravagant wedding in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Ryan was the ‘Man of Honor’ at their wedding and even organized the bachelorette party for Meredith & few other female friends.
- Ryan turned to his TV show Live with Kelly and Ryan in June of 2018 to announce to the world, that Meredith was pregnant. In December, she gave birth to a baby girl they named Flora.
- Along with her family, Meredith now lives in Nashville, Tennessee.
Early Life & Education :
- Meredith primarily attended Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School in Sandy Springs, Georgia.
- In 2003, she graduated from the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia. It also happened that her brother also attended the school, but did not graduate, because he already moved to Hollywood to pursue his career in broadcasting.
- Later, Meredith later became a member of the Grady Society Alumni Board.
Career, Job, Salary & Net worth :
- Meredith worked as the Manager of Communications for CBS Corporation, primarily helming Entertainment Tonight and The Insider, before becoming a Senior Account Executive at Murphy O’Brien in 2006.
- After almost two years, she became the Director of Creative Affairs for Reveille, the same company that was behind NBC’s The Office.
Foundation Work :
- In September 2010, Meredith took on the new role, becoming the Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer of the Ryan Seacrest Foundation. It is an institution founded by Ryan, together with their parents, who also serve on the board’s foundation.
- Meredith mentioned that it was never an easy decision to leave her current work to run a foundation, but the idea of working with her family and helping others made her take that tough call.
- She has put a lot of her time and effort into the Ryan Seacrest Foundation from the time she started there. The foundation takes efforts to inspire youth through educational and entertaining programs. The foundation’s overall aim is to inspire more people & hope that one day, they’ll be able to touch hearts and help in patients’ healing process in every hospital in the world.