Adrian Torres, a muscular man with a love of working out, is a mechanic. He is also the husband of TV personality Carmen Carrera, who was popularized on the TV competition show RuPaul’s Drag Race.
Personal Life Details & Family Background :
- Adrian was born on March 28, 1982, and is currently in his late thirties. He has two children from a previous relationship.
- Carmen Carrera works as both a model and a TV personality. She joined RuPaul’s Drag Race, a performance competition featuring men and women in drag, in 2011. She is one of the few contestants ever to be invited back to compete after being eliminated.
- She has also been featured in several advertisements and is an active awareness advocate for AIDS.
First Marriage :
- Torres first met his current wife through social media when she still had her male aesthetic. Carrera, a transgender individual, dressed as a woman but had not yet made a biological transition into one. They began dating in 2009.
- The two had some rocky moments while dating, particularly surrounding Carrera’s transition. When she made the decision to become a woman biologically, she did not tell her partner.
- She began the transition, which usually starts with estrogen dosages, in secret because she feared that he wouldn’t support her decision.
- When Torres finally found out, he supported her completely, but her decision to leave him in the dark left Torres feeling hurt.
- Nevertheless, Torres eventually proposed to Carrera, and the two got married.
Rough Patch :
- After Carrera began gaining fame through RuPaul’s Drag Race, she found it difficult to connect with Torres, who was busy with work and had to begin taking care of his mother, as well.
- Enjoying the newfound attention she was getting from other parties, Carrera eventually cheated on Torres, which led Torres to cheat in revenge.
- This led to a vicious cycle of infidelity, and the two briefly separated in 2013. Eventually, the couple got back together, but their issues remained. This led the two of them to seek counseling.
Second Marriage :
- In 2015, after working out their trust issues and seeing a therapist, Torres married his wife Carrera – Again!
- While the first time, Carrera married Torres as a biological man, the second time, she was able to be the bride she had always wanted to be—something that Torres knew she’d always wanted.
- The two are currently still together and have seemed to have gotten over their infidelity issues.
Profession & Career : Job, Salary & Net Worth
- Adrian had always been good with his hands. As a young kid, he was always tinkering with anything he could get his hands on and could often be found taking apart any of the old mechanical junk he found around his home.
- He loved to build, and most of all, he loved cars. Everything, from old Station Wagons to brand new sportscars, piqued his interest.
- Eventually, after graduation, he got a job at an auto shop.