Wiki Biography / Profile Information
- Jessica Yaniv, the Canadian blogger who identifies as a transgender is quite a newsmaker. She is often termed as a controversial figure by numerous media agencies.
- A transwoman with male genitalia, Jessica Yaniv has stood up against the judicial system. Previously, she had used the law to prevent any mention of her name both in media as well as social media platforms.
- Jessica used to go by her birth name Jonathan Yaniv. She changed it to Jessica post her transition.
- She continued using male pronouns and her male name along with her male picture in all her social media handles till the year 2018. But she was forced to change them to female during the furor of the controversies.
Work and Experience :
- Jessica has claimed to be an entrepreneur and founder of digital conference.
- She designates herself as the Speaker, marketer and Editor in Chief of TrustedNerd.com. She also claims to be a journalist.
- Jessica was born on 12 June 1987 and is aged 32 years old.
- In an online post Jessica’s birthplace is said to be New Westminster in Canada. Little else is known about her family.
- Jessica filed 16 complaints with the British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal against various waxing and aesthetic salon workers for being transphobic. She claimed they had discriminated against her for being a transgender when they refused to wax her intimate areas.
- Each of the salons had indicated that they provided their services only to their female clients and Jessica had male genitals. One of her later complaints about similar discriminatory treatment was deferred by the court because she was yet to pay the previous fine of $2000 to each of the three salons she had complained about. The court had fined her for improper conduct and for using human rights law as a weapon for extorting other people.
- Some of the other controversies Jessica has been part of are:
- Predatory behaviour towards girls as young as 12 years. These girls, now adults, revealed that Jonathan (who was then aged 27) had approached them with inappropriate images & messages.
- Jessica’s anti-immigrant rant online was posted where she was seen using inappropriate language towards migrants.
- One of her most recent controversies was in January 2020 when she was caught on camera for assaulting a reporter outside the courthouse, B.C. She could face up to five years in prison for the assault.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Jessica was successful in receiving a publication ban which prevented any media agency from publishing both her name and investigating the details of her past.
- She has close to 50000 followers on Twitter and her brand Trusted Nerd has close to 35,000 followers on Instagram.
- She had apparently tweeted in November 2019 that a documentary about her life was in the making.
- In April 2020, Jessica’s Twitter account was banned.