Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
Annie Bakes is a former American model, who is mostly known for her marriage to Dennis Rodman.
Early Life, Family & Personal Details :
- Bakes was born on February 26, 1965, in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
- Her name at birth was Anicka, but she has said that she always preferred to be called Annie.
- Her family moved around quite a bit during her childhood, and as a result, she found it difficult to make friends at times.
- She has also said that she hit puberty at quite a young age, and that her developing body also made it difficult for her to form friendships, as she was the butt of many jokes and rumors.
- At the age of 16, a modeling agent approached her in a mall. She has said her parents thought it was a joke at first, but that it was quite real.
Dennis Rodman Annie Bakes Relationship :
- Annie began dating Dennis Rodman after her blonde hair caught his eye at a nightclub in 1987.
- She has said that after their first meeting she thought him to be a sweet and kind man, and instantly fell in love.
- In 1989, she gave birth to their first and only child, a daughter named Alexis Rodman.
- Bakes married Rodman in 1991, but later said that the marriage was an abusive disaster.
- She has alleged that Rodman regularly cheated on her, and forced her to undergo 4 abortions. She has said that those abortions hindered her future chances of having children.
- In 1993, after finding out she had contracted an STD from him due to his cheating on her, they had a particularly nasty fight and she filed for divorce. It was finalized later that year.
- There were rumors in the late ’90s that they had reconciled for the sake of their daughter, but those rumors were silenced when Rodman married Carmen Electra in a Vegas Chapel.
Life as a Model – Salary & Net Worth
- Being tall and blonde, made Annie a perfect match for the modeling world.
- Once she began her career as a model in her teenage years, she found success quite quickly with print advertising work.
- After she turned 18, she made the transition into more mature modeling, such as swim-wear and lingerie. As such, she became known for being an adult model.
- She also began working as a hostess at clubs around Los Angeles to supplement her income.
- After her tumultuous marriage, she turned to a therapist who encouraged her to write down what she was feeling at the time.
- She has said that it was that exercise that formed the beginning of her book ‘Worse Than He Says He Is: My Walk On The Wild Side With Dennis Rodman’ which she released in 1997.
- The book has also been released under the title ‘White Girls Don’t Bounce’, and has received mostly positive reviews. It received 4/5 stars from GoodReads.
- As of 2018, she lives a quiet life and is reported to being working on a follow up book.