Diandra Luker Wikipedia, Biography, Net Worth (Michael Douglas Wife)
Diandra Luker Birthday / Date of Birth / Diandra Luker Age
Born in year 1956. As of 2019, her age is around 63 years.
Wedding / Husband / Relationships / Marriage / Partner
Biography Profile / Wiki Profile
Introduction : Who is Diandra Luker ?
Diandra Luker is a movie producer, who is mostly known for her divorce from Hollywood star Michael Douglas.
- Diandra was born in 1956 and grew up on a small island in Majorca. Her father used to work as an ambassador.
- Once she reached middle school age, her dad made the decision to send her to boarding school to allow her to finish school life seamlessly. She first attended one in Switzerland, before finishing her schooling in the US.
Michael Douglas Diandra Luker Married Life :
- At the age of 19, Luker met actor Michael Douglas. He reportedly proposed within 2 weeks of dating her.
- In March of 1977, the two were married.
- They reportedly had a happy marriage for the first 10 years, after which they began fighting.
- They separated officially in 1995, but it wasn’t until 2000 that their divorce was finalised.
- It was said that Douglas finally gave her whatever she wanted so that he would be free to marry his new partner, Catherine Zeta Jones.
- Luker received $45 million dollars in the settlement, as well as various properties. Due to this, she began receiving hate mail from many people labelling her as greedy. Tabloids have also suggested that it was her greed that caused her son’s drug addiction that eventually saw him incarcerated.
- She has since hit back at tabloids, stating she only ever took what she was owed.
Diandra Luker Children :
- Diandra had her first son, Cameron, in 1978 with then-husband Michael Douglas. He famously served 7 years in prison for heroin related offences.
- In 2004, she welcomed twin boys Hudson and Hawk, with the help of a surrogate, alongside her then-fiance Zach Hampton Bacon III.
- Luker also adopted a daughter named Imira from Kazakhstan.
- She was the godmother of the late ‘Johnson & Johnson’ heiress Casey Johnson, and labelled her passing as such a tragic turn of events.
Professional Life : Diandra Luker Net Worth
- After initially studying at Georgetown University’s Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, Diandra became distracted by her new-found marriage at the tender age of 19 to Douglas.
- Later, she was heavily involved in charity work, in particular with The Red Cross.
- Her charity work led to her landing a role on the board for the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The board eventually hired her to produce documentaries for their Office of Film and Television.
- During this time, she was also signed to Ford Models, and worked with the likes of Oscar de la Renta, Carolina Herrera and Donna Karan.
- In 1991, she produced one episode for the American Masters series, which was a series that showed documentaries regularly on television. Her episode was called ‘Frederic Remington: The of Other Dogs’.
- She then went on to produce the documentaries ‘The Birth of Sound/Singing Cowboys and Western Swing’ and ‘Off The Menu: The Last Days of Chasen’.
- She made her movies debut in 2008, when she acted as the executive producer for the movie Broken Lines.
Was married to Michael Douglas.