Meghan McDermott is an American business owner, communications professional, and philanthropist. She is most commonly known for being married to actor Theo Rossi.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Meghan McDermott was born on September 12th, 1983, in Houston, Texas. Born to parents, Dan and Beckie, she is the oldest of three children, with a sister named Colleen and a brother named Patrick.
- In a small 2014 ceremony in New York, Meghan married actor Theo Rossi, who rose to fame after starring in crime drama TV series Sons of Anarchy and Luke Cage.
- The couple met at a non-profit organization in Texas, where Meghan was working, and Theo was serving as an ambassador.
- The couple has two sons, Kane and Arlo; and three rescue dogs, Sasha, Benito, and Rocco.
- After living in New York for the first years of their marriage, they later moved to Austin, Texas.
Early Life & Education :
- Starting her professional life and philanthropy early, Meghan interned at KPRC-TV while in high school.
- During her summers, she volunteered for Habitat for Humanity and The Boys and Girls Club.
- At the University of Houston, Meghan continued her internship with KPRC while working toward her degree in communications and broadcast journalism.
- While in college, she also served as the president of her sorority, Phi Mu.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- From 2005-2010, Meghan worked as a news anchor and reporter at Texas networks KTEN-TV & at KYTX-TV CBS19.
- After leaving the broadcasting world, she briefly worked as an account executive, advertising manager and copywriter for H3 Media, LLC.
- In the summer of 2010, Meghan became the director of communications for the non-profit organization Boots Campaign, which aims to support veterans and military families around the country. It was there that she met Theo, when he and his Sons of Anarchy castmates joined the campaign as ambassadors for the Boot Ride fundraising event.
- As of 2021, Meghan serves as the co-founder and communications director at Moral Kings — a parent company that oversees three business ventures with which she is involved.
- 3 Owned Businesses : Co-founder of Get Ounced, a natural spring water company whose signature bottles help people meet daily water intake needs; the co-founder at Go Get It Life, an online community that encourages people to live their best life; and a production assistant at Dos Dudes Pictures, a production company that Theo started in New York.
- Passionate about animals and helping others, Meghan has been a board member / volunteer at several nonprofit organizations, including The Humane Society, Louie’s Legacy, ASSIST Autism Society, People Attempting to Help, Junior Achievement and StatenStrong.
Trivia, Height & Fun Facts :
- In a candid post on social media, Meghan opened up about her struggle with mental health, including depression, postpartum depression, and even suicidal thoughts. She credits daily gratitude mantras, exercise, the elimination of toxins, and a change of perspective with her ability to battle the illness.
- Despite growing up in the reptile-laden state of Texas, her “Number 1 Fear in Life” is snakes.
- Meghan and her hubby are big fans of the show, This Is Us; Theo even confessed that he often cries when watching.
- In school band, she used to play the clarinet. Although she gave up the woodwind, she still plays the piano.