Wikipedia Biodata / Profile Background
- Also known as Franni Franken, Franni Bryson is a political activist and wife to comedian and US politician, Al Franken, for over 40 years.
- An active participant in her community, Franni has served as a board member on the West Side Little League, a PTA President & has reported for the Portland Press Herald.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Franni Bryson was born on October 8, 1951, and grew up in Portland, Maine.
- Parents : She was raised by her mother alongside her brother and three sisters.
- Sadly, Franni’s father died in a car accident while she was still a baby. He was a WW2 Army vet who worked at a paper mill.
- The large family survived mostly from Social Security survivor’s benefits.
- Despite growing up in a low-income family, they pulled together and Franni and her three sisters all went to college.
- Her brother joined the Coast Guard before becoming an electrical engineer.
- Even Franni’s mother managed to go to college using a loan they had taken to fix a leak in the roof.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Franni spent her High School years winning awards for civic & educational excellence at Deering High.
- Later, she attended Simmons College and graduated in 1973.
Life as Al Franken Wife and Children :
- Franni met her husband Al Franken during her freshman week at college while he was studying at Harvard University.
- The couple got married on October 2, 1975.
- Together they have two children – Thomasin Franken, now an actress, was born on February 8, 1981.
- Their youngest is Joe Franken was born in 1984.
- Joe later appeared on her husbands TV shows ‘Al Franken: God Spoke’ and ‘The Al Franken Show’, as well as Saturday Night Live.
Personal Struggles & Drinking Problem :
- In 2008, during her husband’s campaign to become the state Senator of Minnesota, Franni revealed that she was a recovering alcoholic and that had been struggling with alcoholism for over 20 years.
- She depended largely on her husband’s support throughout their relationship.
- She joined a recovery group for alcoholics, in 1986, at the same time her husband joined Al-Anon, a support group for family and friends of alcoholics.
- Later, she spoke out about her trouble in a campaign ad aiming to ‘humanize’ her husband.
- In the ad Franni said, “The Al Franken I know stood by me through thick and thin, so I know he’ll always come through for Minnesotans.”
Supporting Wife :
- Franni has been active throughout her husband’s political career, testifying to her husband’s good character.
- She has also journeyed to Minnesota regularly, meeting, greeting and supplying tasty treats to the people of Minnesota.
- After Al won the senator’s seat she told reporters “It’s So Wonderful…Finally, Franken can get started.”
- Franni also said she was pleased to be assisting with issues of importance to her such as affordable education, sexual health & decreasing domestic violence.
Lola Dawson【 Rosario Dawson Daughter 】Kids, Wiki, Age, Father, Bio
Abigail Klobuchar Bessler Education, College, Age, Job, Bio, Wikipedia
Amy Wakeland Age, Birthday【 Bio 】Education, Height, Wiki, Daughter
Conan Harris Wiki, Age【 Wikipedia 】Wife, Taxes, Net worth, Bio
April Delaney Wiki, Age【 John Delaney Wife 】Net worth, Education
Robin Pringle Age, Net worth【 Wikipedia 】John Hickenlooper Wife Bio
Susan Daggett Wikipedia, Michael Bennet Wife Bio, Family, Age
Audrey Pence Age, Wikipedia, Boyfriend, Bio, Father, Education, Wedding
Erica Lira Castro Bio, Wiki, Age【 Julian Castro Wife Spouse 】Family