Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Conan Harris is a community activist in the Boston, Massachusetts, area with a background in social work.
- Harris is the husband of U.S. Representative Ayanna Pressley.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Background :
- Conan Harris grew up in Boston, Massachusetts.
- He was raised by a single mother.
- Harris married U.S Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley in 2014.
- He has a daughter named Cora from a previous relationship.
- Harris lives in Dorchester, Massachusetts, with his family.
Early Life and Education :
- Conan Harris grew up in an area known as the Dudley Triangle in Dorchester, which is a neighborhood in Boston, Massachusetts.
- The neighborhood, which he describes as a violent one, caused him to get in a lot of trouble, even leading to him getting arrested..
- He, however, turned his life around and went on to finish high school and go on to college.
- Harris has a degree in Sociology from Boston University.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- Harris is the owner of his firm, Conan Harris & Associates, a strategic planning and capacity building company that offers consulting services to businesses and organizations.
- Before that he worked for Mayor Martin J. Walsh in Boston as the Deputy Director for the Mayor’s Office of Public Safety.
- While there, he initiated a program called the Office of Returning Citizens, which helps formerly imprisoned citizens return into society.
- In 2016, he was named the director of the My Brother’s Keeper program in Boston. The program worked with local communities and organizations to help young boys and men have successful lives and become leaders.
- Harris also worked with The Boston Foundation for StreetSafe Boston. There he started as a program coordinator, then worked his way up to manager, where he supervised over 20 caseworkers.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- Harris’ wife is the first African American to be elected in the House of Representatives for the state of Massachusetts.
- When he was 14, he tragically lost a good friend, which greatly impacted his life, by making him realize his own life wasn’t safe, and in turn, made him spiral out of control.
- Eventually, he went on to be arrested several times, with the last being for drug charges, and has spent ten years in prison.
- The last arrest made him change his life around. He knew what he wanted to do – help children in Boston that grew up like him.
- He has said that growing up in a single-family home sometimes tempts kids to join gangs for a sense of belonging.
- The social worker starred in a documentary titled This Ain’t Normal, which portrays young people in the area of Boston that were involved in gang activities and the social workers that were helping them.
- Harris has said that having the title of “dad” is the best title he will ever have.