Bio Profile / Wikipedia Info
- Susannah Bean, known to some as “Susannah Bean Breitbart” or even just “Susie”, has lived a life full of fame, even if that fame has been residual.
- While she has had some acting credits, she is most recognizable as the biological daughter of Orson Bean and Carolyn Maxwell, and as the widowed spouse of Andrew Breitbart.
Personal Life : Susannah’s Dad
- Susannah’s father, Orson Bean, was born on July 22, 1928 and grew up in Burlington, Vermont. He grew up to become a famous actor, stand-up comedian, writer, and producer.
- Legally named Dallas Frederick Burrows, Orson began going by his stage name soon after he left the army, when he began doing magic acts and stand-up comedy in local venues. He accredits his stage name to a pianist player that would give him funny names to use before he went on stage. “Orson Bean” gained such a favorable response that he kept it.
- After performing on many entertainment channels and shows, such as NBC Radio and The Tonight Show, Orson got several jobs hosting game shows, among them the popular To Tell the Truth.
- He married his second wife, Carolyn Maxwell, in 1965.
Personal Life : Susannah’s Mom
- Carolyn and Orson had three children together, one of whom was Bean.
- Carolyn was also a household name at the time, and was famous for her roles on Tattletales and Les Chien Chaud. She was also a prominent fashion designer, and dressed several of the era’s great celebrities.
- Both Maxwell and Orson are still alive, but divorced.
Life as Andrew Breitbart Wife :
- Susannah first met Andrew Breitbart in 1988 at a karaoke bar when a mutual friend set them up. Uninterested, she declined Breitbart’s advances. They then reconnected by chance in 1992 and dated for 5 years.
- In 1997, they got married in Orson’s backyard, and in 1999, Bean gave birth to her first child, a boy named Samson.
- She went on to have three more children after that: Mia, Charlie, and Willie.
- Breitbart was well-known for being an outspoken conservative commentator, and launched his own website to combat corruption. The site went on to became one of the biggest conservative platforms. He was the first to uncover tweets and texts from politician Anthony Weiner to underaged women that ultimately led to his resignation.
- On March 1, 2012, Andrew Breitbart died of natural causes after suffering from heart problems on his way home. A neighbor spotted him walking outside of his home around midnight, then saw him collapse on the sidewalk. Breitbart was transported to UCLA medical center, but didn’t survive.
Current Life :
- Susannah has not remarried, and doesn’t plan to, at least not in the foreseeable future.
- While her husband had always been very vocal about his political views, Bean has been a registered Independent since the moment she was old enough to vote.
- Currently, she still lives in her and Breitbart’s old house and continues to raise her children there.