Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- A former freelance makeup artist and brand spokesperson with Sephora, Mally Roncal now owns and runs her own makeup business.
- Mally’s celebrity work gained her a lot of popularity, and in addition to her business and makeup artistry work, she often contributes to TV shows and written publications as a makeup expert.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Of Filipino ethnicity, Mally is a second-generation Filipino-American. She was born on January 8, 1972, in Middletown, New York.
- Being Filipino, Mally watched a lot of QVC growing up. She even credits watching QVC for helping her perfect the English language.
- In 1988, Mally first met her husband Phil Bickett for the first time.
- The pair has three children, all daughters, twins Pilar and Sophie and the youngest one’s name is Vivienne.
Early Life & Education :
- Mally’s original studies were dermatology as a pre-med student, but she eventually switched to a degree in fine arts.
- She studied at Marist College, graduating with a BA in Fine Arts in 1993.
- Back in the 1970s, Mally’s mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and the doctor predicted she had just six months to live. Mally was two years old at the time. Despite this, her mom survived and eventually passed away when Mally was 17-years-old, in 1989. Mally credits her mother’s positive attitude for beating the odds, as she got to enjoy what little time she had with her mother.
Business Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- Mally’s career in makeup artistry first started at Barneys New York Shiseido makeup counter and with private customers. She continued to gain popularity as a successful makeup artist, working with celebrities such as Beyoncé, Celine Dion, and Angelia Jolie.
- Later, Roncal was a long time Sephora spokeswoman for which she had to travel a lot.
- In 2004-05, Mally started her own business called Mally Beauty, after becoming tired of the globe-trotting lifestyle. Her business focuses on “enhancing your beauty for real life,” instead of concentrating on high maintenance makeup.
- Mally Beauty offers over 1000 products, focusing on easy-to-use, everyday items, and tries to fill gaps in currently used products such as translucent powder.
- On her first show with QVC, Mally was given a full one-hour show to launch her products, which was very rare. Luckily, her stock was sold out in the first 36 minutes.
- Roncal says that she had always been more interested in the spiritual nature of medicine and brings that to her makeup work.
Other Work :
- Besides her makeup work & business, Mally also regularly writes editorials for New York Times, Huffington Post and iVillage.
- She is also a regular contributor to popular TV shows such as The View, The Oprah Winfrey Show, Rachael Ray and Today.
- Her TV credits also includes The Bachelor, where she did the make-up for Molly Malaney for her marriage to Jason Mesnik.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Both of Mally’s parents were doctors, her mother an OB/GYN and her father a psychiatrist, which influenced her original decision to study dermatology before switching to her dream career of makeup artistry.
- Roncal credits her interest in fashion to her mother, saying, “She was a doctor but always had well-done hair, makeup, heels, nail, clothes, Chanel… The whole thing!”
- Mally’s husband, Phil Bickett, was her mentor as she began work in the makeup industry.
- She is a yoga and meditation enthusiast, with her father having taught meditation techniques to her at a young age.