Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
- This beautiful blonde Californian Carmindy has been behind the scenes for a long time but became widely known for her work on shows like Good Morning America & “What Not to Wear.”
- The passionate makeup artist has also worked for major fashion magazines and is a published writer.
Early Life : Behind the Makeup
- Born on March 26, 1971, Carmindy grew up in Newport Beach, California. Her full name at birth was Carmindy Kathryn Bowyer.
- As a teenager in high school, she was incredibly self-conscious about her physical appearance.
- In an interview with GuidePosts, Carmindy confessed that she had passed up joining the junior lifeguards because of her fear of putting on a bathing suit. Moreover, her classmates often ridiculed her ‘thunder thighs’ and ‘double chin.’
- The successful artist said that it was this that drew her to make up but that it was her mother, also an artist and retired model, who helped to resolve her childhood insecurities.
- Education : She learnt the art and principles of makeup application at the John Robert Powers Modeling, Acting Agency & Finishing School.
Makeup Artist & Career Net worth :
- Carmindy’s extensive makeup career began aged just 18 in Westminster Mall, already interested in the makeup industry.
- At that time, she worked for Merle Norman Cosmetics, selling beauty products and doing makeovers.
- She has done the makeup for many celebrities and her work appears in some of the USA’s top fashion magazines – Elle, Glamour, Marie Claire, Seventeen, Self, Cosmopolitan, Bazaar, Essence and more.
- Her rise to fame was the popular TV reality show ‘What Not To Wear’, the trusted artist has been dishing out tips to viewers for over 10 years.
Life as a Writer :
- The multitalented lady is also a popular writer with four books published under her name.
- Her debut book The 5 Minute Face: The Quick and Easy Guide for Every Woman was released in 2007 & received high praise.
- Unsurprisingly Carmindy writes about what she knows about, and her books contain tips and advice for women to look better.
- Also a freelance beauty writer, she writes for many makeup oriented websites & even posts monthly response to the most common questions posted on her personal website.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- One of Carmindy’s first celebrity clients was American actress, Kathleen Quinlan, followed by model/actress Cindy Crawford.
- She was apparently so nervous before her first on-camera performance that her publicity manager decided to get her tipsy on margaritas in Tampa, Florida, the night before.
- She contributed to the production of a cosmetics line called ‘Sally Hansen Natural Beauty.’
- Carmindy has lived in Florida and is now based in New York. She married Javier Acosta, however, their current relationship status is unclear.