Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Berit Berger, also known as Berit Winge Berger, is an American lawyer who has served as a federal prosecutor and assistant US attorney.
- A regular legal analyst on television, Berit is also the Executive Director of The Center for the Advancement of Public Integrity (CAPI) at Columbia University’s Law School.
Personal Life : Family and Education
- Berit Anne Winge was born on December 24, 1977, to parents Janine Piburn (mother), and Dennis Winge (father). Her dad is a producer, while her mom is a professor of biochemistry and medicine at the University of Utah.
- Berit’s parents divorced, and she is the stepdaughter of Roger Piburn and Lauri Winge, respectively. She has a younger half-sister named Brynn.
- on August 12, 2006, Berit married Marc Peter Berger at the New York Country Club in New Hempstead, New York. They have four children together.
- Marc asked Berit out non-verbally by placing a note on top of papers that she was to hand out to the judge! This was done to avoid the attention of microphones & snooping court reporters. In August 2005, he proposed to her at Fair Harbor beach on Fire Island.
- For her education, Berit attended the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington.
- Following that, she received her Doctor of Law (Juris Doctor) degree from Columbia University in New York City in 2002.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- Berit was admitted to the New York Bar in 2003. At the beginning of her career, she worked as a litigation associate for the prestigious law firm Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP.
- She was also a law clerk for the Honorable James C. Francis IV, operating in the Southern District of New York.
- Berit then spent eleven years in the role of a federal prosecutor, working for the United State Attorney’s offices and across the Eastern and Southern districts of New York.
- In her long stint within the offices of the U.S. Attorney, she carried out several roles, from assistant to the U.S. Attorney to being the Chief of the Organized Crime and Gangs Unit, as well as the Chief of the General Crimes Unit.
- In her various capacities there, Berit was involved in prosecuting cases dealing with fraud, corruption, terrorism, and violent crime.
- In October 2018, Berger was named the Executive Director of Columbia University Law School’s Center for the Advancement of Public Integrity (CAPI), following in the shoes of Jennifer Rodgers, who had held that position since the beginning of the Centre in 2003. The Centre is involved in the fight against corruption and has created a community network bringing together academics and practitioners in order to eradicate corruption.
Trivia & Interesting Facts :
- Berit’s husband, Marc Peter Berger, is also a lawyer and has also previously worked as an assistant to the U.S. Attorney. His expertise lies in prosecuting international narcotics crimes. He has recently been named the Director of the New York Regional Office for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SCEC).
- Berit has Norwegian ancestry through her father, Dennis Winge.
- She has made several media appearances discussing matters of her expertise, such as the NPR Law podcast where she commented on the Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker, who had replaced Jeff Sessions in November 2018.
Body Info / Physical Features
Berit Berger Measurements :
- Eye Color : Blue
- Haircut / Hair Color : Brown and long
- How tall / Height : No confirmed information available.
- Legs / Feet / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Berit Berger Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
Personal / Home Details
- Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 4
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White (Norwegian ancestry through her father)
- Nationality : American