Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- With the motto “Always be a first-rate version of yourself and not a second-rate version of someone else” leading her life, Katie Phang pretty much has a good idea on being a role model for others.
- The popular legal analyst, with a recognizable face often seen on television is currently a partner in Berger Singerman, a Florida Law Firm.
- It has been an exhilarating journey for this woman of charisma, who began her legal career as a regular lawyer and went on to become a partner.
- Having been a regular TV Legal analyst on multiple channels such as NMC, MSNBC, Fox News, CBS, Phang is no stranger to media exposure. She has also been on-air on radio shows such as The Mike Gallagher Show, Y-100 100.7 FM Radio, among many others.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Katie was born in Miami to Jean (mother), who is a retired nurse, and Michael (father), who was a former Dean at the College of Engineering – University of Miami.
- Katie’s father, who was an academic, now suffers from Alzheimer’s disease. There is an inspiring story about her father – He arrived in America at the young age of 19 from South Korea with just $2.43. He went on to study for his bachelor’s, master’s, and even his Ph.D. in Engineering. Katie often refers to him as a real example of the “American Dream.”
- She is married to Jonathan Feldman, a lawyer himself. They have a young daughter named Charlie. The family lives in Miami Shores.
- Katie graduated from Miami Palmetto Senior High School and then earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science degree from Yale University.
- She followed that up with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) law degree, graduating cum-laude from The University of Miami.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- Currently, a partner on Berger Singerman’s Dispute Resolution Team, Katie mainly works at representing a diverse group of clients in complex commercial litigation, family law, hospitality, and gaming litigation, and white-collar criminal defense and special investigations.
- She began her career in Law by becoming a prosecutor at the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office. Though this was one of the least paying jobs she held, it delivered a huge amount of satisfaction.
- Over the years, Phang has been affiliated with numerous law firms – Arrastia, Capote & Phang, LLP, Seipp & Flick, LLP (n/k/a Seipp, Flick & Hosley), Broward County State Attorney’s Office, Mager & Mager LLC being a few of them.
- Currently, she has close to two decades of trial experience in state and federal courts.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Katie is married to a Jew, and her daughter goes to a Jewish school. But she says she isn’t Jewish, so the family ends up celebrating a little bit of everything.
- She often engages in philanthropic enterprises and takes up pro-bono cases. She is also Vice President for ‘Dress for Success’ and chairs the ‘Miami Dade Florida Association for Women Lawyers Foundation.’
- She has won numerous awards over the years – 2013 40 Under 40 Rising Star, American Law Media/Daily Business Review, 2014, Leader in the Law, State Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Florida, Super Lawyers 2018 being a few of them.
- Katie claims she has a love for singing and was a part of an all-female a cappella group at Yale called Whim ’n Rhythm.