Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
- It’s quite difficult to hold your own in the big complicated world of technology back in Silicon Valley. Vijaya Gadde has indeed come into her own holding a powerful position at one of the social media giants – Twitter.
- Having been described by Fortune magazine as the only woman on the executive team at Twitter, Vijaya has played a crucial role as the global head for legal, policy, trust, and safety for the micro-messaging app
- She believes that the most important aspect of her job is to encourage as much content to flow freely in the public domain as possible but at the same time abiding by the local laws.
- On her social media handle, she describes herself as a new mom, immigrant, and investor. One of the reasons she claims to becoming a lawyer is the strong local presence of KKK while growing up in America, mentioning that “no one messes with a lawyer.”
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Vijaya Gadde was born in India in the mid-1970s. Due to financial restraints, she lived with her mother in India while her father traveled to the United States in pursuit of graduate studies.
- He then sent for his wife and child (Vijaya) when Vijaya was three years old.
- The young family settled in the small Texas town of Beaumont, where only a handful of Indian families resided.
- Throughout her high school years, Vijaya witnessed her father’s struggles as a door-to-door insurance salesman. During this time, there was a heavy presence of KKK in the area. The inspiration for her law career came when she witnessed her father having to ask the KKK for permission to do his job.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- After moving to Beaumont, Texas, as a three-year-old, Vijaya completed her undergraduate studies from Cornell University where she earned her Bachelor of Science, in Industrial and Labour Relations in the year 1997.
- Later she earned her JD from New York University’s law school, graduating in the year 2000.
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Vijaya has had a long and illustrious career at Silicon Valley, having worked with many top organizations before finally joining Twitter in the year 2011. She served as the Legal Director at Twitter and presently is the General Counsel for the last few years.
- Before Twitter, she worked with Juniper Networks as Senior Director, Legal (2011)
- Prior to that, for nearly 10-years, Gadde worked at the Silicon Valley law firm of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. While there, she worked on a multi-billion dollar acquisition, acted as counsel for the Committee on Corporate Governance and also to the New York Stock Exchange Proxy’s Working Group.
- In 2014, Fortune magazine named Gadde to their Top 40 list, as being one of the most influential and powerful businesspeople under the age of forty.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Vijaya is the founding partner at #Angels, a Venture Capital, and Private Equity firm.
- She is credited with winning legal battles with her 90 person legal team filing lawsuits in local courts when the Turkish governments blocked Twitter.
- Another feather in the cap of Vijaya is helping Twitter file a very successful initial public offering (IPO).
- A poker enthusiast, Vijaya has a special love for the show The Walking Dead & is a huge fan of the basketball team Kansas Jayhawks.
- She is always cold at her work, and people often mistake her focussed “work face” for an annoyed look, and this is an ongoing joke at her current workplace.
- Vijaya had recently accompanied Twitter co-founder, Jack Dorsey, to the popular Joe Rogan podcast show to advocate free speech and balance it with safety.
- When Twitter first began, Gadde did not quite grasp the concept. Her very first tweet was about breakfast!
- Vijaya is known for her intense “work face.” Although this is her face during deep concentration, people think that she is bothered, and it remains a running-joke amongst her coworkers!
Dr Debra Soh【 Wikipedia 】Age, Husband Married, Gender, Bio Parents
Ed Calderon Age, Wiki, Podcast, Bio, Married, Height, Net Worth, Family
Abigail Shrier Age【 Wikipedia Biography 】Husband Married, Family
Brian Redban Net Worth, Girlfriend, Wife, Wiki, Real Name, Age, Bio
Dr. Rhonda Patrick Age, Wiki Bio, Husband, Married Age, Diet, Net worth
Brett Okamoto Bio Wiki, Age, Wife, Wedding, Parents, Net worth
Why are these kinds of people even being taken for a job? Is Jack Dorsey so ignorant? Creating a micro blogging platform is no big deal, Mr.Dorsey…recruiting the right people matters. This one here is a shame.
I am not a fan of big business executives and especially those in the social media world, but anyone who makes a stand against Trump gets my applause. It is a pity, that as a lawyer, she does not have the power to reach into Trump’s chest and rip out his heart. Oh, I just remembered, he doesn’t have one!
Gadde will surely lose her job. She is unfriendly to America by blocking free speech! She cost Trump the election and as far as I am concerned she is a traitor and an absolute disgrace to America.
Vijaya…another pampered princess being used by the Globalist agenda. That’s not self-made, that is affirmative ascension to further the cause.
What a PHONY Ambulance chaser! She panders only to the left and her ideology is F the right. She ONLY got her job at twitter because she fits into the equality equation. Foreign, Female, and an Immigrant!
This chick is so done…good bye lady!
A feather on her cap as a doing an IPO for Twitter which is a basic regulation to follow and paperwork to do as many companies even companies that start off at 1 dollar do.not very complicated.
I watched the Joe Rogan show as Tim Pool basically schooled her as she scuffled through lies and he picked her apart on them. Whatever her past performance as a lawyer they praised, I was not impressed by even though they state she was the one who had trump disbanded from Twitter. When you have every liberal hierarchy protecting and defending your decisions and when all you have to do is press the big red button it’s not very hard.
If anyone should support FREE SPEECH in America it should be an immigrant who’s profited from the “American Dream!”
How very sad that she is behind denying the President of the United States, Donald J. Trump his voice on Twitter.
I’ve watched the Joe Rogan podcast from May 5, 2020, a few times. I have to say Tim Poole nailed it. He highlighted the fact that certain people were being censored. He addressed how dangerous this could be for the Presidential Election, and how it can manipulate the voters. And that’s exactly what happened. She made it very clear that they only censor cyberbullying, or if it’s an act of violence.
Tim also said it seemed like it’s always protecting the left. The Presidential Election was 3 months ago, and Twitter clearly protected the left. I strongly recommend watching Joe Rogan and see for yourself. Agree the first 20 minutes, you’ll see her and Jack lied about how Twitter wouldn’t have any influence on the election. I felt sorry for her the first time watching how Tim was being so rude to her, but after the election, I know exactly why he was being so rude. She did exactly what she’s fighting against, and that’s bullying. I thought she very cool and very beautiful. I was bad wrong! Just because she doesn’t like what someone says doesn’t give her the right to take their words from that platform. That’s cyberbullying!!
A really balanced bio. of Vijaya Gadde. A real, strong professional.