|Personal Information Summary|
|Name||Dr Debra Soh|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Engaged / Fiance||No confirmed information available.|
|Is Debra Soh a neuroscientist?||Dr. Debra Soh specializes in research on gender, sexuality, and sexual orientation.|
|Children / No. of Kids||None|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||Asian|
Wiki Biography / Profile Background
Dr. Debra W. Soh is a Canadian science journalist, columnist and podcast host. Considered controversial by some and rational by others, the primary focus of her work is on the science and politics of sex and culture.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Debra Soh was born in the 1980s and grew up in Toronto, Canada. Although some sources cite her birth year as 1990, Debra herself discussed being a “cisgender woman in her thirties” in a 2015 article published in the Pacific Standard magazine.
- A self-proclaimed tomboy growing up, Debra enjoyed playing with trucks over barbies and even shaved her head in her early teens.
- Her parents’ allowed her to explore her identity, and it was this progressive approach that Debra references in her work on gender dysphoria in children.
Early Life and Education :
- Many of Debra’s friends growing up were gay men as she lived in what is commonly known to Toronto natives as the “Village” – a suburb with a very high LGBTQ population. Wednesdays would be spent at drag queen competitions, while Saturdays would be spent at gay bars.
- After completing her Ontario Academic Credit (a now-defunct fifth year of high school for Ontario students who wished to go to university), Soh earned her undergraduate degree in psychological science from Ryerson University in Toronto. It was in one of her neuroscience classes that she discovered sexology and became interested in the field of study.
- In 2017, Debra graduated with her Ph.D. in sexual neuroscience from York University. She was awarded the Provost Dissertation Scholarship that allowed her to focus on her research on MRIs on paraphiliacs (people with kinky sex preferences) and people with hypersexuality.
- She was also given the Michael Smith Foreign Study award, which allowed her to complete some of her studies at the University of Birmingham in England.
Work as an Educator & Researcher :
- During her doctoral studies, Debra began working as a sex researcher at York University. She published numerous articles in reputable scientific journals, including Scientific American and Frontiers in Human Neuroscience.
- Despite her success, she left her work as a researcher when she felt the field was being negatively influenced by political and social interference.
- Debra now works as a freelance science journalist. Her works has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Newsday, Los Angeles Times, Harper’s and Men’s Health, to name a few.
- She is also a regular columnist for The Globe and Mail in Toronto, and for Playboy, with articles covering numerous controversial topics including gender dysphoria, the science of gender, gender-neutral parenting, sexual fetishes and sex-ed curriculum in schools.
- In 2018, Debra and Jonathan Kay (editor of Quillette magazine, Canadian edition) launched a podcast called WrongSpeak. Their motto is “a podcast about the things we believe to be true but cannot say.”
- More recently, she also started her own podcast titled The Dr. Debra Soh Podcast. It quickly made it to the Apple’s list of “Top 40 Podcast For News Commentary”.
- Dr Soh has also appeared as a featured guest on popular podcasts such as the Joe Rogan Experience and Dave Rubin Report.
- On August 4, 2020, Debra released her first book ‘The End of Gender: Debunking the Myths about Sex and Identity in Our Society’. The book tackles issues, such as gender-neutral parenting, gender dysphoric children, and the neuroscience behind transgenderism.
Fun Facts and Trivia :
- In 2018, The New York Times named Debra as a “renegade of the intellectual dark web.”
- A big fan of mixed martial arts, Debra has a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
- Among Soh’s favourite things are shopping, seafood, fashion, and celebrities Johnny Depp and Jennifer Aniston.
Body & Other Vital Info
Debra Soh Measurements :
- Eye Color : Brown
- Haircut / Hair Color : Black
- How tall / Height : 5′7″
- Pregnant? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
Vijaya Gadde Wiki, Age, Bio, Salary, Net worth, Twitter, Family, Husband
Hannah Thibedeau Wikipedia, Age, How old, CBC Bio, Married, Born
Candice Malcolm Wikipedia, Toronto Sun, Bio, Married, Age, Husband
Lauren Southern【 Wiki Bio 】Religion, Age, Height, Married, Husband
Ed Calderon Age, Wiki, Podcast, Bio, Married, Height, Net worth, Family
Abigail Shrier Age【 Wikipedia Biography 】Husband Married, Family
Faith Goldy Age, Married, Bio, Wiki, Bazos, Born, Journalist, Height
Brian Redban Net Worth, Girlfriend, Wife, Wiki, Real Name, Age, Bio
Dr. Rhonda Patrick Age, Wiki Bio, Husband, Married Age, Diet, Net worth
Janice Fiamengo Wiki Bio, Husband, Married, Age, Family, Retired?
Debra, I am curious to know…what is your sexuality? Are you a lesbian?