|Personal Information Summary|
|Name||Dr. Rhonda Patrick|
|How old / Age / Date of Birth / DOB||Born in 1978. As of 2022, she is around 44 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Spouse / Partner||Married. Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Does Dr Rhonda Patrick have a podcast?||Rhonda Patrick hosts the wildly popular podcast and website FindMyFitness.|
|Children / No. of Kids||1|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
Dr. Rhonda Patrick is an American biomedical scientist, researcher, entrepreneur, wife, and mother.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Rhonda Perciavalle Patrick was born in San Diego, California, in 1978.
- She has been married to her husband Daniel since May 2012. The couple has one son together, born in mid-2017.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- In 1999, Dr. Patrick attended the University of California, San Diego.
- She majored in B.S. Chemistry, and Biochemistry, and did her graduate research at St. Jude Children’s Hospital. Her research consisted of an investigation to see whether there was a link between mitochondrial metabolism, apoptosis, and cancer.
- She also served as the Vice President of the American Chemical Society.
- After receiving her degree, she decided to augment her qualifications. She pursued her Ph.D. in Biomedical Science at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) in Memphis, TN, in 2006. One of the most cited scientists, Dr. Bruce Ames, was her mentor.
- Rhonda’s postdoctoral fellow began in 2012 at the Children’s Hospital Oakland Research Institute (CHORI). Her research subsisted on the effects of micronutrient deficiencies on inflammation, aging, metabolism, and DNA damage, and whether supplementation could repair the trauma.
Work, Career, Salary and Net worth :
- Dr. Patrick co-founded her company, YouTube channel and website, ‘FoundMyFitness’ in 2012. This is where her audience started gaining an insight into her latest research about psychical performance, the brain’s well-being, aging, and nutrition.
- On her YouTube channel, followers can watch hours of interviews with leading professionals in medical and scientific fields.
- Dr. Patrick’s dissertation findings were published in the 2012 issue of the journal ‘Natural Cell Biology’.
- In 2014, she published a paper in the FASEB Journal on how vitamin D regulates serotonin synthesis & how it relates to autism.
- Rhonda was invited on the Joe Rogan Experience (JRE) podcast a number of times where she has spoken about and debated a wide range of scientific topics with Rogan. The first video on JRE received over 2.5 million views. A second video where Rogan and Rhonda discuss time-restricted eating gained over 3.75 million views.
- She has also been interviewed by other popular podcasts such as The Tim Ferriss Show, Dr Mercola, Huberman Lab Podcast etc.
Diet, Supplements, Smoothie Book :
- Dr. Patrick has discussed her diet & health routine in a few interviews on Joe Rogan Experience and other podcasts. She practices ‘time-restricted feeding,’ also known as ‘intermittent fasting,’ where she fits all of her meals and calorie intake into a ten-hour eating period.
- Her diet consists of almost entirely fruit, meat, vegetables, and fish, avoiding grains and refined sugars such as junk/fast food, bread, rice, and pasta.
- To enhance her diet with micronutrients and prebiotic fiber, she consumes smoothies daily to increase her raw vegetable intake.
- She also has a list of a few supplements she takes daily, including Vitamin D3, Vitamin K2, Fish Oil, Omega-3 Phospholipids, and Magnesium, to name a few.
- Rhonda uses freestanding, gravity-fed water filters by the brand, Berkey, to filter her water for daily consumption.