Biography Profile / Wikipedia Biografia
India Paulino is an award-winning fitness model.
Personal Details : Early Life & Family
- India was born on July 17, 1987, in the Dominican Republic.
- Along with her parents, her maternal grandmother played a large part in her upbringing.
- Growing up in the Dominican Republic, India spent a lot of time outside on the beach. This she believes was the early start of her interest in fitness.
- When she was in her teenage years, her family relocated to South Florida in the USA.
Early Career as a Police Officer :
- After graduating from high school, India joined the police force at the insistence of her father.
- During her time working on the force, she also began receiving modeling offers, in particular for swimsuit shoots.
- To put herself through the police academy, she worked as a dance teacher. She has said that she enjoyed it so much, she continued doing it occasionally whenever she had free time on the force.
Career in Fitness :
- Being a fitness fanatic from a young age, she began training especially hard after becoming a policewoman.
- After seeing her personal trainer compete as a bodybuilding figure model, she began questioning whether she could do that.
- Her trainer encouraged her to instead go for the lighter form of bodybuilding and enter into the swimsuit competitions, as due to only being 5-foot-tall, it would be better for her figure in the long run.
Competition & Various Awards :
- In 2010, India entered the IFBB Fort Lauderdale Cup in the Novice Category and won it, which allowed her to move forward to the nationals. She went on to advance through another 4 rounds.
- In 2011, she won the same competition at a national level, as well as placing first at the same competitions in New York City and Pittsburgh. This allowed her to move on to the World Pro competition, where she finished overall in the sixth position.
- After competing in various competitions over the next 5 years, she went on to model for the likes of Fitness RX, FitGirl and Muscle & Fitness Hers.
Personal Life & Social Media :
- India is a practicing Christian and has said that her beliefs are a large part of what gets her through the hard times in her life.
- She has been with her partner for over three years, having met through the world of bodybuilding.
- In July 2017, she announced via her Instagram account that she was pregnant with her first child and would be due in December of 2017. Baby boy Breton Carter Reid was born on Dec 8, 2017, & weighed 4.13 lbs at birth.
- She has used her Instagram account, @indiapaulino, to make big announcements regarding her career before and currently, she has 250,000+ followers on that account.
- After announcing her pregnancy, she was hit with lots of negative comments about how she would lose her competition-ready body. She has hit back at those comments stating she intends to have an extremely active pregnancy.