Wiki Biography / Profile Information
- Sara Sigmundsdottir is a CrossFit competitor, weightlifter and fitness enthusiast from Reykjanesbaer, Iceland.
- Bubbly, hard-working and passionate about her lifestyle, Sara is a true fighter and always works hard to overcome whatever obstacles life throws in her direction.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- She was born with the full name Ragnheiour Sara Sigmundsdottir in Reykjanesbaer, Iceland, on the 12th of September, 1992.
- Sara was a bit overweight when she was younger and she hated playing with other children because they would tease her size and strength. She dabbled in a few sports here and there but it took time for her to find her true calling in fitness.
Career, Income, Salary & Net worth :
- Sigmunsdottir joined boot camp training at her hometown gym and quickly caught the eye of her coach who regularly complimented her performance.
- Sara stayed committed to boot camp and after almost 2 years, she began training in CrossFit.
- She debuted at her first CrossFit competition in 2013 when she was only 17 years old. After placing 39 overall, Sara became even more motivated and continued training.
- Sigmundsdottir then went on to debut at the World CrossFit Open and came in 169 place. As time went by, she steadily improved her performance and in 2014, she placed 12th at the European regional CrossFit competition and 82nd at the CrossFit open.
- 2015 saw Sara win the European regional competition-beating favourites, Katrin Davidsdottir and Annie Thorisdottir. She also took part in the world CrossFit Games, finishing 3rd place overall.
- In 2016, she returned to the CrossFit Games and again placed 3rd but her performance, unfortunately, slipped the following year and she failed to win a medal after placing 4th overall.
- Despite not winning a medal at the 2017 CrossFit Games, Sigmundsdottir was still able to dominate the competition at the Regional competition and even took the gold medal at the Central Regional CrossFit competition.
- In 2017, she appeared in a documentary called “Fittest on Earth: A Decade of Fitness” in which she was featured as one of the best CrossFit athletes in the world.
- Sara also dabbled in weightlifting, appeared at the World Weightlifting Championships. She competed in the 75kg class.
- In 2018, Sigmundsdottir’s career came to a standstill after a serious rib injury left her with no choice but to pull out of the 2018 CrossFit Games. Sara was participating in the 3rd event of the tournament when she cracked her rib after trying out a lifting belt that she had no previous experience using. Between the pressure the belt was causing and her heavy breathing during reps, her ribs could not handle the load.
- Sigmundsdottir tried her best to keep going but withdrew due to persisting pain.
- It took 12 weeks of rehabilitation for Sara’s rib to recovery completely, something that took a toll on her performance since she was forced to slow her training down and avoid straining her body.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Sara is a brand ambassador for various companies that include Lysi, Rogue and Nike.
- She loves pizza and is interested in neuropsychology.