|Personal Details Summary|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||Born in August 1964. As of 2023, she is around 59 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Engaged / Spouse / Partner||Married. Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Children / No. of Kids||None|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
|Where is Janice Fiamengo now?||Janice Fiamengo retired in 2019 from her position as Professor of English at the University of Ottawa, Canada, and now lives in Vancouver with her husband, David Solway.|
Janice Fiamengo is a Canadian university professor, an avid follower of the anti-feminist movement, free speech advocate, defender of men’s rights. She is also a public speaker and a YouTube content producer.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Janice Fiamengo was born in August 1964 in British Columbia, Canada in a city called Burnaby, which can be found just East of Vancouver.
- Currently, Janice lives in Canada’s capital Ottawa, Ontario where she works as a professor in the Department of English at the University of Ottawa.
- She is also happily married to David Solway who is a Canadian poet, educational theorist and travel writer.
Early Life and Education :
- While growing up in Burnaby, Janice attended Burnaby South Secondary School where she excelled academically.
- After this she majored in English Literature at the University of British Columbia where she gained the respect of her peers.
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Janice’s career as a professor began in 2009 at the University of Ottawa.
- While her students enjoy her classes, it is her public lectures, which really brought Janice media attention. Despite the fact that her lectures are hard-hitting, thought-provoking and at times controversial, she always keeps her audience immersed and engaged in packed-out event halls.
- Janice also provides content for a YouTube channel called Studio Brule with over 75,000 followers. She contributes her knowledge in episodes called TFF – The Fiamengo File where she debunks outlandish feminist policies and how it impacts modern western culture.
- In terms of books and articles, her most recent piece of work was titled Sons of Feminism, which is a sister book to Daughters of Feminism, written by David A Shackleton.
- One of her early published works was titled Visible Living: Poems Selected and New, where she collaborated with Marya Fiamengo and Seymour Mayne.
- Another of Fiamengo’s distinguished work is titled The Woman’s Page: Journalism and Rhetoric in Early Canada, which can be found on the University of Toronto Press website.
Fun Facts, Height and Trivia :
- On one occasion Janice was going to do a public speech at the University of Ottawa Library. She was, unfortunately, cut short as masked hooligans began to shout ‘F***k Fiamengo’ & intimidated audience members as they tried to make their way into the library.
- As mentioned previously, Janice provides content for an alternative news channel on YouTube called Studio Brule in the form of episodes titled TFF. While her usual audience member view count ranges from around 5,000 to 250,000 views, episode 89 of TFF gained a staggering two million views.
- On a student website called ‘Rate My Professor,’ around 50 students have voted for Janice as a professor. She has received an overall quality rating of 3.8 (out of five), a ‘level of difficulty’ rating of 3.1 (out of five) and a ‘would take again’ rating of 67% (data as of 2020).
- In one YouTube video, Janice recalls her younger days where she declared herself a ‘staunch feminist’ which is surprising as she is now the complete opposite.