|Personal Information Summary|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||July 21, 1953 – September 26, 2016. She was 63 years old at the time of her death.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Spouse / Partner||Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|What did Diane Mciver do for a living?||Diane McIver was a successful businesswoman. With an estimated net worth of 10-12 million dollars, she was the president of Corey Airport Services.|
|Children / No. of Kids||None|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
Wiki Bio / Profile Background
- Diane McIver was a powerful businesswoman who had a tragic death. She was the President of Corey Airport Services, with an estimated net worth of 10-12 million dollars.
- In 2016, Diane’s death had made the headlines in many media outlets. Her husband, Tex McIver, shot her in the back while they were driving back home to Buckhead, Atlanta, after an evening of golfing with their friends.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Diane McIver (maiden name Diane Smith) was born on July 21, 1953, in Auburn, Alabama, and died on September 26, 2016, in Atlanta, Georgia. While the legend has it that Diane had a tough childhood, living in a trailer park with her family, her cousin Sandy Shane, dismantles these stories, saying that Diane had a relatively comfortable upbringing, in a modest middle-class family.
- Even if her childhood was not marked by poverty as some sources claim, Diane was not the happiest teenager as she did not have a strong relationship with her family. Moreover, Diane was estranged from most of her relatives and hadn’t spoken to her mother for the last 15 years of her life, while also refusing to attend her mom’s funeral.
Diane and Ted Relationship :
- Diane met the person who was soon going to become the love of her life in 2000, when she had moved to Buckhead, Atlanta after her divorce. Claud “Tex” McIver was a wealthy lawyer who was already living in the building where Diane had moved.
- Tex and Diane started dating soon after meeting, got married in 2005 and shared a beautiful love story. The story ended tragically 16 years later when Tex shot his wife dead in their SUV.
- The case was a highly debated one, as Tex pleaded ‘not guilty,’ claiming the murder was an accident. The jury, however, disagreed and sentenced him to life in prison.
Lifestyle and Interests :
- An extremely hardworking woman, Diane loved to organize events for her friends. Together with her husband, the couple was well-known among the powerful and rich personalities in Atlanta as they would regularly organize parties for them at their Putnam residence, also called as “The Ranch.”
- An emblem of style and elegance, Diane McIver was also a well-regarded fashion icon. She owned an impressive collection of furs, designer bags, scarfs, and expensive accessories along with an astonishing selection of hats. Her husband auctioned a few items from her dream closet soon after her death.
- Often regarded as a kind, warm-hearted and loving person, Diane had no children of her own. Still, she did have no less than ten godchildren for whom she continually provided financial and personal support. One of them, Austin Schwall, was so close to Diane, he called her “Mommy Di.”
Career, Income, Salary and Net Worth :
- Diane was a prominent businesswoman with an impressive fortune, but she did not start from the top. In 1973, she began working for Bill Corey’s company – US Enterprises when she was only 20 years. At US Enterprises, she worked as a telephone operator.
- Her career started ascending and finally she became the president of Corey Airport Services.
- A few years before her death, Diane had managed to secure advertising contracts for her company with nine US airports. It was a huge step as it is a highly competitive business field and is usually dominated by worldwide corporations.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Diane was a highly independent child. She had sworn that she would move out of her family home when she turned 18 – which she did!
- Instead of the usual flowers that are brought to a funeral, her obituary indicated that people who attend it could consider donating to the Shepherd Center or Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta – one of the places Diane cared about very much.
- Allegedly, her last words to her doctors, right before she was intubated, attested that the shooting was an accident and her husband was innocent.
Dolores Avery Age, Death【 Dead or Alive 2023 】Wikipedia, Young, Bio
Rachel Jeffs Husband, Net Worth, Age, Children Kids【 Wiki Biography 】
Eddie Ray Routh Now 2023, Wikipedia, Die, Mother, Death, Age, PTSD
Mark Benavides【 Wife, Family 】Age, Bio Wikipedia, Child, Now 2023
Dalia Dippolito Age, Wiki, Husband, Teeth, Family Son, Mom, Bio Now
Teresa Halbach Wiki, Family Tree, Brother, Bio【 Steven Avery Case 】
Elizabeth Yardley Wiki, Age, Birthday, Married, Family (Personal Life) Bio
Tex McIver Age, Wife【 Wikipedia Bio 】Appeal Updates, Ranch