Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Dr. Janette Nesheiwat is a powerhouse of medicine specializing in family and emergency health issues.
- Keeping abreast of the latest medical news, Dr. Nesheiwat has become one of the most trusted faces on television for her no-nonsense approach & the ability to break down complex medical issues for families to understand.
- In addition, she practices in the Emergency Room and advises the ‘Red Cross’ in the front line of disaster relief.
- By giving out advice, Dr. Nesheiwat hopes to not just save lives but change them for better!
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Janette is the daughter of immigrants Ben(father) and Hayat Nesheiwat (mother), who were of Jordanian Christian origin. Hayat was born in Jordan & came to New York when she was four years old, back in the mid-1950s.
- She has four siblings – Elder sister Julia, younger siblings Daniel and Jaclyn, and youngest sister Dina. All her siblings were academically bright – Julia is a graduate of Stetson University & was a commissioned U.S. Army officer. Jaclyn and Dina were winners of the Hugh O’Brian Leadership Award awarded to outstanding high-school sophomores.
- When she was a young child of just 13, Janette’s father passed away in an accident. Her widowed mother was left to bring her up alone along with her brother and three sisters.
- Janette Nesheiwat Ethnicity / Race : Janette’s heritage is Jordanian.
- Currently, she lives in New York.
Early Life and Education :
- Born in New York, Janette grew up in Umatilla, Florida. Her parents moved to Central Florida from New York, because of the greenery & thought it was a perfect place to raise their young children.
- As her mom Hayat Nesheiwat was a registered nurse at the Florida Elks Children’s Hospital, Janette saw her mother in scrubs every day. It was this influence of caring for others that impacted the young Janette deeply.
- She helped her mother as a volunteer at a children’s hospital helping children the same age as her who couldn’t walk, talk, had cancer, or were homeless.
- One of Janette’s earliest memories was when her mother bought home a foster child with cerebral palsy whose family couldn’t have her at home for Thanksgiving. She was so moved by the enjoyment the child showed when she fed them a turkey dinner that she knew where her future would lie!
- Coming from a one-parent family, financial challenges were an issue to Janette’s education. But through scholarships, loans, work-study programs, and grants she progressed.
- Janette attended the University of South Florida in Tampa where she completed her higher education.
- She completed her medical training at the University of Arkansas School for Medical Science.
- Before becoming a physician, she completed the US Army Advanced Officer Training in Fort Lewis and Mt Rainer, something which has helped her work within disaster areas.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- In the early days of her career, Janette cut her teeth as a medical expert just outside of Little Rock, Arkansas.
- She worked in the emergency room caring for underprivileged patients and also volunteered as a host on a TV show called ‘Family Health Today, before taking the plunge and moving to New York.
- Today, Janette is a Medical Director and news correspondent at CityMD.
- Since 2009, she has worked in the Emergency room and also been a Medical News Correspondent for various national television networks.
- A movement that Janette would like to inspire is one educating young people not to smoke whether it is tobacco or vapes.
Trivia & Interesting Facts :
- A quote Janette lives by is one that her mother taught her when she was younger – “If you stumble, make it part of the dance.”
- One of her bucket list items includes meeting Hollywood star Brad Pitt!
- Queen Rania of Jordan is someone who influences Janette as she encourages women to be independent. The other strong woman she credits apart from her mother is her sister, a former US Army Captain who completed three tours of Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Janette’s younger sister Jaclyn Stapp is a winner of Miss New York USA and Mrs. Flordia America beauty pageants. She has also graced the covers of many fashion magazines. Her elder sister Julia is now an American national security adviser, serving as a Homeland Security Advisor in the Trump Administration.
Body Info / Physical Features
Janette Nesheiwat Measurements :
- Eye Color : Brown
- Hair Color : Brown
- How tall is Janette Nesheiwat Height : 5′ 5″
- Legs / Feet / Shoe Size : 7
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Weight Loss : A few Google queries regarding this, but we couldn’t find anything conclusive on any of her social media.
Personal / Home Details
See above for details.
- Janette Nesheiwat Married ? : No.
- Children / No of Kids : –
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : Middle-Eastern / Jordanian
- Nationality : American