Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
- Dr Rajeev Venkayya is an Indian-American physician.
- He is also the president of Takeda Pharmaceutical’s Global Vaccine Business Unit.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Dr. Rajeev Venkayya was born in Buffalo, New York. His mother, Janaki, is a businesswoman, and his father, Vipperla, was a retired aerospace engineer who passed away in 2018.
- He has a younger sister, Arundhati.
- Rajeev grew up in Dayton, Ohio, and attended Fairborn High School in Fairborn, Ohio. At his high school graduation ceremony, Rajeev was one of three valedictorians.
- After graduating from high school, Rajeev attended Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts. While there, he was part of the Bachelor of Science and Doctor of Medicine programs at the College of Medicine.
- He then attended the University of Michigan, where he did his residency.
- Following that, he had a fellowship in pulmonary and critical care medicine at the University of California San Francisco (UCSF).
- His partner’s name is Viktoria Wang. He continues to reside in Dayton, Ohio.
Work : Career, Income, Salary and Net Worth
- Rajeev was an Assistant Professor of pulmonary and critical care medicine at the University of California San Francisco from 1999 to 2002.
- He was then a White House Fellow from 2002 to 2003, working with the Department of Energy, the White House Homeland Security Council, and the Biodefense Directorate.
- Rajeev then spent another four years at the White House, working as a director for Biodefense and Health and then as a special assistant to the president and senior director for Biodefense.
- From 2008 to 2011, Rajeev was the director of vaccine delivery at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- In January 2012, Rajeev joined the ranks of Takeda Pharmaceuticals. He was the executive vice president and also the head of Vaccine Business from 2012 to 2014. From 2014 onwards, he has been the president of the Global Vaccine Business Unit.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Rajeev’s parents are both from India – his mother Janaki is from Hyderabad, and his late father Vipperla was from the East Godavari District in Andhra Pradesh.
- Rajeev is an Eagle Scout.
- During his years at the University of California San Francisco (UC San Francisco), Rajeev founded two companies – Neomedicus LLC and Sapient Medical Group Inc.
- He was a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha medical society at Northeastern University.
- Throughout his career, Rajeev’s research focused mostly on conditions related to the lungs and on asthma in particular. He was the director of the high-risk asthma clinic in San Francisco’s General Hospital.
- Since he has been working at Takeda, Rajeev has overseen vaccine studies for dengue, the norovirus, polio, and Zika.
- Rajeev sits on many boards such as the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative, the Council on Foreign Relations, and the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations.
- He is very passionate about being part of teams developing life-saving cures and treatments and facilitating research for this cause.
Dr. Nicole Saphier Age, How old, Wiki, Family, Bio, Married, Husband, Pics
Dr Janette Nesheiwat【 Wikipedia Bio Age 】Husband Married, Education
Christine Grady Wikipedia, Husband, Bioethics, Family, Bio, Children
Nahid Bhadelia Husband, Age, Wikipedia, Origin, Married, Parents, Bio
Dr Seema Yasmin Biography :: Age, Wiki, Husband, Married, Nationality
Dr Marc Siegel Net Worth, How old, Age, Wife, Education, Bio Wikipedia
Dr Natalie Azar Wiki, Bio, Age, Husband, Married, Wedding, Family
Dr Darria Long Gillespie MD Age【 Wikipedia Bio 】Married, Husband
Dr Anne Rimoin Wiki UCLA :: Age, Bio, Married, Husband, Biography
John Boockvar Age【 Salary Net Worth 】House, Wife, Religion, Wiki