Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
- Michael Greller was surprised at the phone call from Jordan Spieth’s dad, Shawn, asking him if he wanted to leave his ten-year teaching career to become a caddie for a 19-year-old Texan golf rookie. However, since turning his hobby into a career, Michael hasn’t regretted this decision at all!
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Michael married his wife, Ellie, in 2013 at the Chambers Bay Golf Course & Country Club.
- Ellie wasn’t a huge golf fan before she met her husband and didn’t understand how exciting the sport could be until she attended the Masters.
- Ellie also didn’t know anything about golf etiquette and made just a bit too much noise at successful swings.
- Michael worked at Narrows View Intermediate School in University Place, Washington, as a teacher and caddied as often as he could just to be out on the golf course.
- The caddie thing was a fun thing to do in the summertime, Greller says, but he promptly gave his notice when given the chance of a lifetime.
- The distance placed on their new marriage is admittedly tough, but they are committed to supporting one another.
- Ellie is a kindergarten teacher at Artondale Elementary and has decided to resign her position to follow Michael on tour.
- They had their first child in October 2017, and they seem to be enjoying their family life.
Career Earnings, Net worth and Salary :
- Greller was a middle school math and science teacher making about $55,000 annually prior to becoming Jordan Spieth’s caddie.
- With a passion for golf, he was living in Seattle, Washington, and moved closer to Chambers Bay so he could moonlight as a caddie.
- After carrying Justin Thomas’ bag for the 2010 U.S. Amateur, Justin was so impressed that he recommended Michael to Jordan Spieth for the U.S. Junior Amateur, which Spieth would win.
- When Spieth played the 2012 U.S. Open, he asked Greller to caddie for him again, and they have been together every game since.
- Over the years, Jordan has requested Michael to be more forthcoming about club selection, to encourage him when he misses a shot, and to step in to stop Spieth if he feels a wind gust.
- Theirs is the most profound and unusual working relationship in golf and one of the most lucrative.
- Michael has made a small fortune of a few million since he took over carrying Spieth’s bag when Jordan was a teenage phenomenon.
- It has been clear that Greller has earned his keep, carrying Spieth through the transition from young teen golfer to professional.
Fun Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Michael enjoys the verbal sparring with Jordan Spieth and competes against him in cards, pool, table tennis, and fishing. They have impromptu chipping contests and hash out which college team is the best.
- In the 2017 Open Championship, Spieth’s drive went askew, and Greller estimated two distances and helped him aim the shot, giving what legendary caddie Jim Mackay says was the “most critical yardage ever given to a player in the history of golf.”
- Spieth won the tournament, and Greller has secured his place at Jordan’s side. One of the reasons Greller states they get along so well is that he doesn’t get starry-eyed or back down from Spieth at all.
Annie Verret Bio, Parents, College, Age【 Jordan Spieth Girlfriend 】Wiki
Taylor Dowd Simpson ( Webb Simpson Wife ) Age, Family, Wiki, Bio
Blair O’Neal Wikipedia, Age, Husband, Net worth【 Measurements 】Bio
Erica Stoll Wiki, PGA, Age, Weddding, Images【 Rory McIlroy Wife 】Bio
Alexis Randock Age, Wiki【 Rickie Fowler Girlfriend 】Bio, Height
Joe LaCava Wiki, Net worth, Salary, Bio, Wife, Age, House【 Caddie 】