|Personal Information Summary|
|Hometown||Newtown, Connecticut (USA).|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||Born in 1955. As of 2023, he is around 68 years old.|
|Dating / Wedding & Marriage / Wife / Spouse||Married. Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Is Joe Lacava a good golfer?||Joe LaCava is a Hall of Famer caddie who has carried bags for Fred Couples, Dustin Johnson, and Tiger Woods.|
|Children / No. of Kids||2|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
Joe LaCava didn’t waste any time when Tiger Woods asked about his availability as a caddie and is now an essential part of Tiger Woods’ team.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- LaCava grew up in Newtown, Connecticut. He didn’t play college golf but did enjoy playing with his dad growing up.
- Joe got into caddying when he worked for his cousin, Ken Green, and he suggests that it is a hobby turned into a career that he couldn’t have foreseen.
- His friendship, dedication, competitiveness, humor, and positive outlook have been exactly what made him a great fit for a caddie to multiple professional golfers.
Joe LaCava Net Worth : Career Earnings and Salary
- Joe made a name for himself when he worked for Freddie Couples in the 90s and early 2000s, with whom he worked for twenty years.
- LaCava’s quiet and unassuming character makes him easy to get along with, and when Couples retired, he told Joe to go get another bag with a younger player.
- Joe struck it big when he started working for the 14- time Major winner, Tiger Woods, since 2011 when Woods split with the previous caddie, Steve Williams.
- A close friend, Freddie Couples, introduced Joe to Woods, and the two hit it off. Joe has been known to have a funny side and is able to think quickly on his feet, which makes him quite an asset to Tiger.
Stories with Woods :
- On occasion, LaCava has to step in and resolve issues in other ways, such as when he had repeatedly asked a heckler to stop distracting Woods during the final round of the WGC-Bridgestone. The heckler said, “if you give me the $25 I paid for a ticket today, I’ll leave.” So LaCava gave him the cash, and when he still wouldn’t leave, he had the heckler ejected, and the problem was resolved.
- When Tiger knew he would be out for an extended recovery break, he gave Joe an option of going with another player and staying with them or coming back if that player wasn’t working out.
- Joe chose not to go with another player even temporarily when Tiger Woods was out for back surgery, choosing to remain loyal to his friend and incur the financial loss.
- Nevertheless, Woods too took care of him, paying him full salary during Tiger’s lull period.
- LaCava states that Woods is one of the top two players of all time, and he didn’t question if Woods was going to return to the game.
- The time off gave LaCava the ability to take his daughter to college and enjoy his son’s football games. He jokes that his family wasn’t used to him being around so much, but he is glad to be back on the bag with Woods and for the break. “I’m with my guy all the way. He has been great to me,” LaCava says of his decision to wait for Wood’s spectacular return.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- At the introductory meeting where LaCava met Woods, the dinner was supposed to be at 5:30pm.
- LaCava arrived promptly at 5:30 and found, to his surprise, that Woods had arrived at 5:15pm, ordered, and was already mostly finished with his salad when LaCava arrived. The moral to this story, LaCava says, “is to arrive early” because Woods will be.