Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Dr. Natalie Eileen Azar is an American clinical professor, medical expert, writer, and medical contributor who is based in New York.
- Smart, talented and hard-working, Natalie is a busy woman and has made her mark both in the world of medicine and television.
Family Background & Married Life :
- Natalie grew up in Pennsylvania alongside her sister Michele.
- Her father, Albert A. Azar, was a renowned Psychiatrist, and his work in the medical field influenced his daughter to pursue a career in medicine. He passed away in 2014, at the age of 88.
- Since the year 2000, Dr. Natalie is married to attorney Michael Stephen Hubner. The two had dated for five years before tying the knot.
- The couple has two children together – Lucas & Darby Hubner. The pair and their kids live in the suburbs of New York with their family dog.
- Natalie takes pride in being a good working mother who makes the time to take her kids to school and help them with their homework after school.
- Natalie attended Wellesley College and graduated in 1992 ‘Magna-Cum-Laude’ and ‘Phi Beta Kappa’ with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychobiology. During her time at university, she was also a Durant Scholar.
- She then moved to Weill Cornell Medical College – Cornell University where she graduated with a Doctor of Medicine with academic excellence honors in Anesthesiology.
- She then went on to NYU – Bellevue Hospitals Center to complete her residency and internship in 1999 before finishing off her fellowship in Rheumatology at Joint Diseases NYU Hospital in 2001.
Work in Medicine :
- Azar currently works in Manhattan, New York at the NYU Langone Medical Center as one of their Medicine and Rheumatology Clinical Professors (Assistant).
- She began working in the private practice industry in 2001. Natalie has worked with patients at both Joan H. Tisch Center for Women’s Health and The Center for Musculoskeletal Care New York.
- Dr. Azar is part of the Rheumatology Department at NYU Langone Medical Center. She is also on the admissions committee of NYU School of Medicine in addition to being the school’s faculty instructor for the ‘Practice of Medicine’ program.
- As part of her career, Azar works very closely with other medical practitioners such as orthopedic surgeons, acupuncturists, and physical therapists to provide the absolute best care for all patients.
TV Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- In 2014, Natalie joined NBC News as a Medical contributor and continues to work with the station, covering breaking health and medical stories for both MSNBC and TODAY.
- She also writes and makes informative videos for the shows’ websites in addition to appearing regularly on the NBC Nightly News show.
- Aside from working as part of the NBC team, Azar also makes regular guest appearances on the Dr. Oz show where she talks about various important medical issues. She is also a medical writer and has published various pieces on ZocDoc as well as Everyday Health.
- She has also previously worked as a Video Contributor for online platforms such as ShareCare & HealthGuru.
Trivia and Fun Facts :
- Natalie earned herself a nomination in spring 2016 for an Emmy Award. This was mostly thanks to her work as part of the NBC News team.
- She was also part of the five Medical Journalists who were listed as “People to Watch” in the Crain’s annual publication.
- When she is not working, Azar loves to share her medical knowledge and opinions on social media.
- From Instagram to Twitter, Natalie uses her social media accounts as extensions of her work and loves to give helpful medical advice to her followers.
- Is Natalie Azar related to Alex Azar ? : No direct relation that we could find.
- How tall is Natalie Azar / Height ? : 5′ 7″
Body Info / Physical Features
Dr Natalie Azar Measurements :
- Eye Color : Blue
- Hair Color : Black
- Height : 5′ 7″.
- Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : No confirmed information is available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Weight Loss : A few Google queries regarding this, but we couldn’t find anything conclusive on any of her social media.
Personal / Home Details
April 9, 1970. As of 2021, she is around 51 years old.
- Married ? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 2
- Dr Natalie Azar Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American