|Personal Information Summary|
|Name||Dr Contessa Metcalfe|
|Sorority||She is a member of the National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, and also volunteers for Buckhead Church’s children’s ministry.|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||Born in 1976. As of 2023, she is around 47 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Spouse / Partner||Married. Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Children / No. of Kids||2|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||Black|
|How tall is Dr Contessa Metcalfe?||The height of Metcalfe is 5′6″ (1.67 m).|
Dr. Contessa Metcalfe is an American medical professional as well as a reality television star. She has been a cast member of the show Married to Medicine since the show’s fifth season.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Metcalfe was born in June 1976. She spent her childhood in Kansas City, where, as a child and young adult, she was a cheerleader and homecoming queen.
- Contessa married in 2005 and has three children, Lauren, Laila, and Landon, with her husband Walter Scott Metcalfe, who is also a doctor.
- After having abnormal mammograms for over ten years, Metcalfe decided to take preventative surgery, removing both her breasts in a prophylactic mastectomy, which was covered in an episode of Married to Medicine. What helped the decision was the fact that Contessa’s mother too had passed due to breast cancer.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Metcalfe attended Xavier University, where she earned her Bachelor’s degree. She attended St. Louis University to attain her degree in medicine. However, she could not afford tuition fees due to unfortunate family circumstances, and building up a student loan scared her. Hence, she joined the Navy, where she was awarded a military scholarship and became a flight surgeon.
- After traveling the world, Contessa settled down and married, now working in more specialized areas of medicine, such as occupational therapy. She also focuses on preventative medicine.
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- After her studies, Metcalfe’s first job in medicine was in the US Navy, where she was a member of the National Naval Medical Center as a flight surgeon.
- She also owns Acute Face MD, which is a concierge service within hospitals that provides VIP services for patients.
- Besides her medical career, Metcalfe is the owner of a Frozen Yoghurt Café and has an entrepreneurial career in real estate.
- In 2017, Contessa joined the reality television show Married to Medicine, where she has been a main cast member since 2017. Her appearances have been well-liked by the audiences so far, mainly due to her confidence & being a great mother to her children.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Contessa enjoys riding motorcycles and still has a passion for traveling, now often taking trips with her family.
- As a woman and as a person of color, joining the Navy as a surgeon wasn’t an option that was presented to Contessa as a real possibility. However, she pursued it anyway and felt it was her best career move.
- Metcalfe and her husband Scott met at a medical conference, starting a long-distance relationship, as they did not live in the same city.
- As a medical professional, Contessa often works long hours and has considered being a stay-at-home mom, feeling that she should spend more time with her kids. However, since joining Married to Medicine, she has had more time to spend with her children, especially due to the home-shot scene.
- Some of Contessa’s scenes with their children are quite popular on YouTube, especially the one moment where she saved her daughter from choking.