British reality TV star, Lydia Bright, is best known for her appearances on the cast of ITVBe’s The Only Way Is Essex’ (TOWIE) and Channel 4s Celebrity Island with Bear Grylls”.
Also a model, writer and designer, this Essex Girl is the joint owner of a clothing boutique & released her first book titled “Live, Laugh, Love, Always, Lydia” in June 2015.
Personal Life, Parents, Education & Family :
- Born on January 20, 1990, Lydia Rose Bright was brought up in Southwark, England.
- She grew up with her parents, Debbie and Dave Bright and her two sisters Romena and Georgia Bright & and her one brother, Freddy James Bright.
- Both her parents had both foster-care based carers & took care of over 250 children while Lydia was growing up.
- Her mother is of Italian heritage. She has also worked in the fashion industry and has appeared alongside Lydia on “The Only Way Is Essex.”
- After school Lydia moved to London and began working in Admin.
- Lydia attended the Anglo European Secondary School in Essex, a language focused school where she studied French, Italian and German.
- She left school with 12 GCSE’s & 3 A Levels.
- Later Lydia was offered a place on an English degree course at the University of Brighton which she decided not to take.
Lydia TOWIE Career : Reality TV & Net Worth
- Lydia’s first TV appearance was on the reality TV show TOWIE.
- She & her boyfriend rose to fame on the popular series and she has since featured on ‘Gordon Ramsay: Cookalong Live’ (2011), ‘Trigger Happy TV’ (2016), various episodes of ‘Loose Women’ and various other shows.
- She has also appeared as a panelist on a no of TV quiz and game shows.
- After the 2017 series of TOWIE, Bright confirmed that she would take a break from the show.
- The same year she became a contestant on “The Jump” and “The Crystal Maze.”
Fashion & Other Businesses :
- Lydia began her career in fashion as a designer, where she created various fashion brands.
- The brands were stocked by major UK retailers such as River Island and ASOS.
- She also has her own self titled fashion range. In 2011, together with her older sister, Georgia, she launched a boutique clothing store in Loughton.
Dating, Relationship & Boyfriends :
- Lydia met her longterm boyfriend, James ‘Arg’ Argent, at the “Duke of Essex” Polo Grand Prix.
- They soon became a couple & moved to Spain together.
- While working in Lydia’s aunt’s bar, they were offered the opportunity to star in the first-ever series of The Only Way Is Essex in 2010.
- The couple publicly split in 2012 and but reconnected in 2014 & were reportedly dating ‘on and off’ until 2016.
- In 2012 she also had a six month relationship with her co-star Tom Kilbey.
- In July 2017 Lydia was spotted kissing a mysterious man who was later revealed to be Lee Cronin.
Trivia & Body Measurements :
- As a child Lydia learnt to play the Violin.
- Lydia has modelled for various magazines, including Glamour, ES and Fabulous Magazine. She also models the clothes for she own store, Bella Sorella.