Wikipedia Biography / Profile Information
Nicola Hughes is an Irish reality TV personality best known for her role in the reality show Made in Chelsea.
Nicola Hughes Wiki :
- Nicola was born on April 9, 1990 in Dublin and was raised just outside of there, in a small village called Sandyford.
- Education : She attended Alexandra College in Milltown for her schooling.
- From there, she was accepted into a local college where she studied computing and multimedia for two years.
- She graduated from there with top marks, much to the surprise of her classmates who had stereotyped her as a dumb blonde.
Early Career as a Model :
- As a teenager, Nicola signed on to Assets Model Agency.
- She has worked extensively for fashion brand Costello.
- At the age of 17, she fronted national campaigns for the Irish Department store Arnotts & Hollister.
- She has stated that she is comfortable being photographed and knowns her good angles.
- She has also stated that while she is comfortable doing racy lingerie shots or casual underwear shots for department stores but would never do topless or fully nude. She states that this is because she does not want her father or brother to ever have to open a magazine and see that.
Nicola Hughes Alex Mytton Relationship :
- Due to her being in a relationship with Made in Chelsea star Alex Mytton, Nicola was added as a recurring guest on the show in season 9 in 2015.
- She was on the show until the end of Season 11 in 2016.
- The two met when he was guest DJ-ing at the Naas Court Hotel in Ireland in August of 2014.
- They moved fast after meeting and had met each other’s parents by the 1 month anniversary of their relationship.
- They broke up in 2016, reportedly after Mytton dumped her via text message. It later came out that he had cheated on her with their Made in Chelsea co-star Olivia Bentley while they were filming something for the show in France.
- In late 2016, she publicly labelled Mytton a gross, vile human. She also left the show after their breakup, much to the displeasure of fans.
- After her breakup with Alex, Hughes started dating business owner Charlie Tupper. After three years of dating, Charlie proposed to her, while on a trip to Ibiza. The two have been engaged since mid-2020.
Social Media & Life before MIC :
- Prior to her Made in Chelsea fame and dating Mytton, Nicola made her mark on the reality television world in early 2015 when she was cast in Exiles: Vancouver.
- It was a show that chronicled 6 Irish personalities attempting to live and work in Canada, and away from home for the very first time.
- She was said to be the standout star of the program and was labelled the mild-mannered Irish beauty by the media.
- Active in the world of social media, she appears on Twitter as @NicolaMHughes which currently, has 35,000+ followers. Her Instagram under the same handle has 225,000+ followers.