Biodata Profile / Wikipedia Information
Suparna Shyam is an actress, who has appeared in a number of Marathi TV serials and films.
Personal Life and Family :
- Suparna Shyam was born and brought up in Pune. Her father is a businessman and mother, a homemaker. She has two sisters who currently hold corporate jobs and are well settled.
- For her education, she went to the St. Andrews High School in Chinchwad.
- She has an interest in singing in addition to acting. She had tried to achieve the Sangeet Visharad degree as well. In a Facebook video, she said that practicing her singing skills every day was one of her New Year resolutions for 2017.
- When she moved to Mumbai to complete the shooting of her serial, her elder sister also moved along with her to help her.
Career & Rise to Fame :
- One of the roles where she was first noticed was that of Nandini in Colors Marathi serial Bandh Reshmache. Akshar Kothari was her co-star in this serial & it had a good run.
- ‘Galgale Nighale was her movie debut. She received this role because her father’s friend was a co-ordinator of the same.
- She appeared for the talent competition Maharashtracha Superstar in 2010, and she even made it to the finalists’ list.
- She bagged the role of the second lead in a Tamil movie ‘Biriyani’ directed by Tamil actor-singer and director Venkat Prabhu. She gained weight for this movie which she did by regularly feasting on Biriyani, a popular south-Indian spicy rice dish; a job she thoroughly enjoyed.
- In the serial ‘Majhiya Priyala Preet Kalena,’ she played the sister of the male lead Abhijeet
- Suparna has also entered the world of theatre and she played Radha Akka in the natak ‘Barrister.’
- In 2017, she bagged the role in the serial Duheri opposite actor Sanket Pathak and senior actress Nivedita Saraf.