Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
Alix Steel is an American journalist and reporter. She is also an anchor for Bloomberg TV.
Personal Life : Family, Parents & Education
- Alix Dillon Steel was born on April 28, 1979, in New York City. An only child, she was raised in NYC.
- Alix was raised in the Roman Catholic faith. Although she was raised religious, Alix distanced herself from Roman Catholicism when she was around twenty-three years old.
- In 1997, Steel relocated to Evanston, Illinois, to attend Northwestern University. She was there until 2001 and graduated cum-laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in Communication and Theatre, with a minor in History.
- She then continued her studies at the prestigious New York University, back in her hometown. She spent the winter of 2010 there, studying business journalism.
- Alix is married to Craig Pospisil, a renowned filmmaker, and playwright. The two were wed in a non-religious ceremony.
- With Craig, Alex has a daughter, born in September 2013. The family continues to reside in New York City with Alix, her husband, and her young daughter.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- Alix spent four years, from January 2003 to February 2007, working as a paralegal for the White & Case law firm in New York City. Her duties involved the organization and compilation of closing sets for corporate closings.
- In February 2007, Alix joined TheStreet, also in NYC, as an anchor, reporter, and senior producer. She appeared live on-air for TheStreet TV, which she also produced. She also made frequent stops on Nightly Business Report, Breakout Yahoo!, WRKO Lunch Money Matters, ABC Money Matters, and The John Batchelor Show. She also appeared as the co-host of Morning Call on T3Live. Her duties included being responsible for the production and stories based on a wide array of topics such as interviewing other TV personalities, the financial market, small businesses, and gold, as well as other precious metals.
- In February 2012, Alix joined the ranks of Bloomberg TV as a correspondent with a focus on economic news and global markets.
- Currently, she is an anchor for the shows Bloomberg Commodities Edge and Bloomberg Daybreak: Americas. She also worked on Bloomberg’s show What’d You Miss, as well as on Bloomberg Markets.
- Working as a busy anchor at Bloomberg, her alarm goes off at 5:30 AM & she works straight until 07.00, trying to read as many research reports as she can. She mentions that working at Bloomberg is much like a mini-marathon, but they compensate you well for that.
Trivia, Height & Fun Facts :
- Alix held a non-religious ceremony in Prospect Park, situated in the Brooklyn borough of New York City, in which she assigned godparents (or guide parents) for her daughter, Dillon.
- Her husband, Craig, is a convinced atheist, while Alix’s mother is still a devout Roman Catholic. This caused some conflict regarding Dillon’s christening that Alix managed to defuse by the end of the ceremony. Alix’s best friend officiated the act.
- When her daughter turned 6 in September 2019, Alix personally baked her a unicorn cake.
- Steel is a fan of the stand-up comedian and actor Eddie Izzard.
- The talented anchor has also worked in the fields of theatre direction, teaching, and film production.
- Alix had racked up $15,000 of debt by the time she was 23 by making some poor choices like not living within your means & not tracking your expenses. Thereafter, her father helped her out & she began meticulously planning her budget – splitting one-third to savings, one-third to pay the debt, one-third to spend on anything, only if needed. It was really tough for a couple of years, but the incident changed her life.
Body Info / Physical Features
Alix Steel Measurements :
- Eye Color : Blue
- Alix Steel Haircut / Hair Color : She has short blonde hair.
- How tall is Alix Steel Height : 5′ 7″
- Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : No confirmed information is available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Weight Loss : A few Google queries regarding this, but we couldn’t find anything conclusive on any of her social media.
Personal / Home Details
- Married ? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 1
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American