Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
Lisa Abramowicz is an American journalist, radio host, and TV contributor. She currently works for Bloomberg.
Personal Life, Family & Education :
- Lisa Abramowicz was born in New York City. She was raised on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
- In 1997, Lisa relocated to Chicago, where she attended the University of Chicago. She was there until 2001, when she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
- From May 2002 to February 2004, Abramowicz lived in Fargo, North Dakota.
- She followed this by returning home to New York City, which has been her home base since then.
- Abramowicz married Laurence Eckstein in August 2014. It is unknown whether the couple have children.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- After graduating from the University of Chicago, Abramowicz moved to Fargo, North Dakota.
- From May 2002 to February 2004, Lisa worked as a reporter for The Forum of Fargo-Moorhead, a local newspaper. Her duties involved focusing on breaking news and writing features on a broad range of topics. Topics that she worked on ranged from government matters, religious issues, crime, and the effects of aging.
- After her stint in North Dakota, Lisa relocated to her hometown of NYC, where she worked as a health reporter for the Staten Island Advance until 2007. While there, she continued to write stories in the same vein she had in Fargo. While working there, she received an honorable mention in the New York Associated Press during a writing contest.
- From September 2007 to September 2010, Lisa spent three years as a senior writer for Harrison Scott Publications (HSP). She worked specifically for Asset-Backed Alert, one of HSP’s five products. While there, Lisa focused on writing and reporting on structured products and mortgage-backed securities.
- Since September 2010, Lisa has been working for Bloomberg News as a reporter and columnist in New York City, focusing on fixed-income markets. At Bloomberg, she writes mostly about financial matters and also hosted Bloomberg Markets on Bloomberg Radio. She also anchored their television market desk.
- In 2017, she became the host of Bloomberg Surveillance, airing from 7-9 am on Bloomberg Radio and Bloomberg Television. She is still working at Bloomberg, as of 2020.
Trivia, Height & Fun Facts :
- Lisa was awarded the third prize for government reporting in 2002, which was organized by the North Dakota Newspaper Association.
- She had an honorable mention in the category of ‘beat reporting’, in a writing contest recognized by the New York State Associated Press Association.
- In May 2008, she made it to the third place of Glimmer Train’s “Short Story Award for New Writers” writing contest.
- Before getting married, Lisa’s husband, a huge baseball fan, had her read the 2003 novel Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game, by Michael Lewis.
- Lisa has over 130,000 followers on Twitter, where she frequently tweets her expertise in the world of finance, focusing on market trends and business trends alike.