Biography / Wikipedia Profile
- Currently, stationed in New York and born in Johannesburg, South Africa, Michelle Makori is a business reporter and journalist. She is an expert in international and financial news.
- Michelle holds a Post Graduate Honors Degree in Media Studies and Journalism.
- She also has a Bachelor of Arts with a double major in Law and Psychology. Both degrees came from South Africa’s University of the Witwatersrand.
- She graduated top of her class from South Africa’s Damelin Business School
- Further, Michelle has also attended Allenby Film School.
Michelle Makori Salary & Career Timeline :
- Anchor & editor-in-Chief for i24NEWS : Dec 2016 onwards. Based in New York.
- Business News Anchor and Reporter for CCTV News : Dec 2011 to 2016. Worked in the Greater New York City Area.
- Freelance reporter for CNN Money : July 2011 – November 2011.
- Broker – Institutional Equities Team : March 2011 – October 2011.
- Senior Advisor for Beryle Consulting : March 2010 – March 2011
- TV News anchor/Reporter for Bloomberg : March 2005 – 2010
- TV News Anchor/Reporter/Producer for SABC : Jan 2000 – Feb 2005. SABC Television is a network based in Johannesburg, South Africa that is broadcasted throughout Africa.
Trivia, Height & Fun Facts :
- A true polyglot – Makori speaks 6 different languages!
- Doesn’t like to cook, but does like to bake.
- Experienced interviewer of global political and business leaders.
- Skills set : Production, research, writing, interviewing & extensive field reporting proficiency and qualifications.
Awards & Acheivements :
- Winner of the “Harambee African Reporter of the Year’ in 2004 for good work on the field on Micro-lending enterprises.
- In addition to her anchoring work, she is licensed by FINRA to be a financial adviser.