Vonnie Quinn is a musician, journalist, and radio and television anchor. She currently works for the show Bloomberg Markets on Bloomberg TV, based out of New York.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Vonnie was born in Limerick, Ireland in the 1980s. Born into a family of jet-setters, her father was the chief civil engineer for the Electricity Supply Board in Ireland.
- Her mother was the first woman from Tipperary county to be hired for the highly coveted job as a stewardess on the Pan American airline. Sadly, both of her parents are now deceased.
- Before finding her spot in the journalism world, Vonnie seemed destined for a career in music. She is a classically trained violinist from The Limerick School of Music. She was once a part of the ‘National Youth Orchestra of Ireland.’ She still performs occasionally at various festivals and events in New York.
- The third in her family to be named Vonnie, her mom and second cousin were the originals. Her cousin was the late Vonnie Reynolds – a popular fashion designer in the 1980s who also had a home in New York.
- Known for keeping her personal life private, little is known of Vonnie’s personal life outside of her professional pursuits.
Education and Achievements :
- Vonnie began her studies at the National University of Ireland (NUI) and continued her education in the States after being awarded the NUI Travelling Studentship award.
- In 2004, she also received a scholarship from the Lorana Sullivan Foundation, which allowed her to continue her journalistic studies at Columbia University in New York.
- She graduated in 2006, with a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Science in journalism.
- During her time at Columbia, Quinn was awarded the ABC Frank Reynolds fellowship and completed an internship at ABC in New York and Washington D.C.
- Adding to her list of achievements, she has received the New York Financial Writers’ Association Scholarship, a Swiss Government Scholarship and a French Government Medal.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- Soon after graduating from Columbia, Vonnie began working at Bloomberg.
- She started as a host on Bloomberg radio and editor for the Bloomberg Businessweek, and now co-anchors “Bloomberg Markets: European Close” and anchors the “Bloomberg Markets Americas” segments on Bloomberg TV.
- Before joining Bloomberg, she wrote for local newspapers in her home country, including The Irish Times, The Irish Music Magazine and The Anglo Celt.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Accepted to the prestigious Oxford University, Vonnie turned it down in favor of Columbia University.
- Journalism was not always her life goal; as a child, she wanted to be an astronaut!
- During her time at Columbia, Vonnie did a story on two hawks named Pale Male and Lola. The story evolved from an original storyline on the rights of pigeon’s in New York.
- An avid golfer, over the years Quinn has reported her handicap range from 10-16.
- Her love for music is far-reaching. She frequently attends classical performances and has also been spotted at concerts featuring Drake, A Tribe Called Quest, Mos Def and Black Sabbath. Once, she had even co-founded a band named Smirk.
- Although she has rubbed elbows with country leaders and major CEOs, Vonnie also has a passion for meeting celebrities and athletes. Among those she follows on Twitter: Justin Timberlake, Matthew McConaughey, Tom Cruise, Chrissy Teigen, Serge Garcia, Ronda Rousey and Dana White.