Wikipedia Biography / Profile Information
- Emma Chandra (maiden name Emma Jenkinson) is a news presenter and General Assignment Reporter working for Bloomberg Television and Radio in New York.
- Emma is originally from the UK, an Oxford University graduate, moved to New York to start working for Bloomberg in the year 2014.
Personal Life : Family and Education
- Emma Jenkinson was born in Sketty, Swansea in Wales to parents Lynne and Richard Jenkinson.
- She completed her A-level education at Gorseinon College, Swansea, focusing on History, Government & Politics, Geography, Economics and Biology.
- Later, she was accepted to the University of Oxford for her Bachelors in Modern History and Politics.
- After graduating from Oxford, she went on to finish her Post Graduate Diploma in TV Current Affairs Journalism from City University London.
- Emma met her husband, Varun Chandra, while she was studying in Oxford and married him on New Year’s 2013 at St. James Church, Swansea.
- Her husband Varun had spent five years working with former Prime Minister of UK, Tony Blair, and advised him on matters relating to political economy and also helped in building the regulated advisory firm, Tony Blair Associates.
- Emma regularly volunteers at “Learning Ally” in New York City, where she records audiobooks for the visually impaired and dyslexic. She also works on various community projects around the city with New York Cares.
Early Work :
- Emma started her career soon after her postgraduate diploma. She started with RT in Moscow as a correspondent and producer. She worked and lived in Moscow, covering Putin, Russian politics and the country’s relations with the western world.
- Soon after that, she moved on to be a freelance producer across various news outlets and programs in London.
- In 2009, she started working with BBC London as a News Broadcast Journalist and then as a Senior Journalist in her 5 years of working there. She worked on their flagship national nightly news shows, as well as on its coverage of major public events, including the royal wedding and the 2012 London Olympic Games.
- Alongside that, she was the monthly columnist for one of South Wales’s leading lifestyle magazines, “Swansea Life.”
Career Growth, Salary & Net worth :
- In October 2014, Emma moved continents and headed to New York City and started her job as a News Presenter and Television News Producer for Bloomberg. She’s a news presenter for their “First Word” news and is a senior producer on Bloomberg’s flagship morning show, “Bloomberg GO.”
- At Bloomberg, she has held several roles across the firm’s media output, including most recently as a senior liaison to the White House and Capitol Hill for television news. Moreover, she has conducted interviews with many CEOs, senior managers and entrepreneurs.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Pictures of Emma’s wedding to Varun Chandra appeared in the February 2013 issue of “Swansea Life”, the same magazine for which she wrote a monthly column. She also had her spot on the cover.