|Personal Information Summary|
|Angela Buchman Sister||Erica Wojtalik|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||September 18, 1972. As of 2022, she is around 50 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Spouse / Partner||Married. See below for relationship details.|
|How many awards did Angela Buchman won?||In 2001, Angela returned to central Indiana and won five Emmy awards for her forecasting.|
|Children / No of Kids||1|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
Angela Buchman is an Emmy-winning American meteorologist and weather expert. She now works at SkyTrak 13’s Weather Team after joining them in September 2013.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Angela Buchman was born on September 18, 1972, in Newark, Ohio, to Dan (father) and Brenda Buchman (mother) at a Newark hospital. She has a sister, Erica Wojtalik (née Buchman).
- Angela is married to Mark Edward Dubec, a freelance photographer and entertainment reporter. The couple met in Lafayette at WLFI-18, where Dubec was a photographer. They have two kids together, son Luke who is 21, and daughter Grace, 19 (ages as of 2022).
- Her sister, Erica, and husband Pat opened Pat’s Philly Pretzels in June 2013 in Fisher, Indiana, and Angela attended the store’s opening.
- A very persistent rumor made by a few media outlets that Peyton Manning, who is a five-time NFL MVP for the Indianapolis Colts had allegedly dated Angela between 2009 and 2011.
Education, Career, Salary and Net worth :
- Angela attended the Hamilton Southeastern High School where she was able to develop her interest in meteorology, the atmosphere, natural phenomena, and geography. She graduated high school in 1990 after being an excellent student.
- She decided to then attend Indiana State University with a major in business. After a short time, she changed her major to apparel merchandising but did not like that either.
- Her parents then encouraged her to talk to Chuck Lofton, a local weatherman. He was able to advise her correctly, and she changed her university to Purdue University and her major to Atmospheric Sciences and graduated in 1996.
- While in college, Angela worked at the National Weather Service (NWS) in Indianapolis. After that, her first TV assignment was at WLFI-TV 18 in West Lafayette, Indiana. From there, she spent four years forecasting the weather in Sacramento, California.
- She returned to central Indiana in 2001 to work at WISH-TV and then moved on to WTHR13 in 2012, where she works to date. Her forecasting has earned her five Emmy awards.
- In a 2013 interview with IndyStar, she mentioned that she wasn’t getting where she wanted to be at WISH.
Fun Facts and Trivia :
- In an interview, Angela says that her biggest fear is not getting her kids through college. She talks about how being a woman in her business comes with a shelf life and that she wants to make sure that she keeps working so that her kids can get the education they need.
- After 11 years of working at WISH-TV, she finally had the chance to work with Chuck Lofton, who she owes her decision to change majors.
- Angela works out four days a week, and her favorite way to stay in shape is a ballet barre class.
- Besides her work and family, Angela’s interests include travel, water skiing, fashion, and shopping.