Stephanie Mead is an American journalist, who currently works as the weather and traffic anchor for WISH-TV in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Stephanie Mead was born on March 28, 1991, in Chicago, Illinois, to parents Annmarie Ziccarelli Mead (mother) and Robert L Mead Sr. (father). She was raised just outside Chicago, in Darien.
- She has two sisters, Brittany Mead and Emily Mead. She also has a brother, Robbie Mead.
- She attended Hinsdale South High School in Darien, Illinois. She graduated from Hinsdale in 2009.
- She then went to Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, Illinois, from 2009 to 2013. Stephanie achieved a Bachelor’s degree in Science and Geography, with a minor in Journalism. She also holds a Certificate in Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- She has been in a relationship with Chad Schulz.
- After growing up in Illinois in her younger days, Mead later lived in Idaho and Wisconsin. She currently resides in Indianapolis, Indiana.
TV Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Stephanie was a weather intern at WTVO-TV in Rockford, Illinois, in the summer of 2012.
- From 2011 to 2012, Mead worked as a weather anchor and reporter for Northern Television Center in DeKalb, Illinois. She juggled her work and studies as an undergraduate. Her time there allowed her to practice improvised on-air conversations with the anchors & handle the transitions from news to weather.
- From 2011 to 2013, Stephanie worked as a community advisor at Northern Illinois University. She was in charge of overseeing one dorm floor composed of forty-eight people. Several times a month and on weekends, she also had to oversee students’ safety and well-being in the entire building.
- In 2013, Stephanie moved to Twin Falls in Idaho, where she was employed as a weather reporter and anchor at KMVT-TV. Working with Chief Meteorologist Brian Neudorff, Mead presented the weather during mornings and even evenings, on weekends and most weekdays. She was there until 2015.
- After that, Stephanie went to Green Bay, Wisconsin, where she was the morning weather reporter at NBC26. While there, she did the weather forecast for the Green Bay Packers football team straight from their home stadium at Lambeau Field, where it used to be freezing more often than not. She was in Wisconsin from April 2015 to April 2017.
- She was nominated for the Chicago / Midwest Regional Emmy Awards in 2016 – 2017 for her reporting with NBC 26.
- Since 2017, Stephanie has been part of the team at WISH-TV in Indianapolis, Indiana. She has been enjoying her time discovering Indianapolis and has settled in nicely. She’s also a bit closer to home.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Stephanie is very close to her family and frequently spends time in Illinois with them. She also visits with her siblings as much as she can, and they often come to see her wherever she is across the United States.
- She has a German Shephard named Boo-Boo. Boo-Boo celebrated her ninth birthday in September 2020.
- Mead is relatively popular on social media, with a total of 9,000+ followers on Instagram, 2,500 followers on Twitter (now called X) & over 7,000 followers on Facebook.
- While she was in Wisconsin, Stephanie offered coverage on several extreme weather events like blizzards and thunderstorms. One of those massive thunderstorms interfered with the start of the PGA Championship.
- Stephanie is a big fan of Disney-themed animated movies and visiting Disneyworld, especially with her sisters. She spent New Year’s 2020 there.
- She enjoys golfing and is part of the Morgan County Club.
- Stephanie Mead Married? : No
- Children / No of Kids : –
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American