Once voted one of the hottest meteorologists out of a tough group of hosts at different networks, Brittany Rainey is a certified meteorologist who has worked at several different networks throughout her career.
Parents, Family Background and Education :
- Rainey grew up amid the sunshine and beaches in Florida.
- From an early age, she was passionate about weather forecasting. She used to wake up early so that she could catch the early morning weather news before school.
- She found herself fascinated by afternoon storms and hurricanes passing by Florida, which made her certain about choosing meteorology as her career path.
- Rainey attended Florida State University (FSU) where she majored in meteorology and minored in mathematics. It was a great place for her to get her degree since FSU is one of the top three meteorology schools in the U.S.
TV Career, Salary and Net Worth :
- After graduating, Rainey got her first job in Missoula, Montana, as a weekend meteorologist. The chilly and snowy weather in Montana was quite in contrast to the warm and sanguine weather of her hometown in Florida.
- After a year battling the snow and ice, she made the decision to move south to Hastings, Nebraska. There she worked as a meteorologist for HOAK Media at KHAS-TV / News 5. KHAS-TV / News 5 is an NBC affiliate and has been active in Central Nebraska since 1956. She had started on weekend shows but eventually was promoted to weekday evening shows.
- Two years later, Brittany moved again. This time she moved to Huntington, West Virginia; while there, she put together weather forecasts for four different regions every weekend.
- After doing that for a while, she moved back west to Tulsa, Oklahoma, and into the heart of Tornado Alley. There she joined Channel 2, covering a large number of tornados during her three years there, from 2012 to Sep 2015.
- In November 2015, she moved to Indianapolis and began working for Fox 59 as their meteorologist. While working in Indianapolis, Rainey got to witness the one-hundredth Indy 500. She was part of the “Storm Shield” team & appeared in the show called ‘Works for You.’ Other highlights of her stay at KJRH included driving the lead car in Mid-America Ford Shelby Nationals, playing a walk-on role during ‘Shakespeare in the Park’ & helping out with the Philbrook Museum’s Festival of Trees.
- Till February 2018, she continued to work as a meteorologist in Indianapolis, Indiana, for Fox 59 & CBS4 networks.
- In the end, she moved back down to her home state taking a job at Fox 13 in Tampa. She left that job in January 2020 to spend time with family and friends.
Fun Facts & Trivia :
- Rainey has a clever nickname, “Brainey”, which is also her handle (itsbrainey) on most of her social media pages.
- Her state of graduation, Florida, is regarded as the Fishing capital of the world.
She has an Italian greyhound / Manchester Terrier mix named Squig who is her constant companion on Instagram posts.
In her free time, she loves to bake, watch movies, and stay fit by doing Yoga and bike riding around the city.