|Personal Information Summary|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||October 25, 1991. As of 2022, she is around 31 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Spouse / Fiance||Married. See below for relationship details.|
|Who is Catherine Hadro?||Host of EWTN Pro-Life Weekly, Catherine Hadro discusses pro-life issues from the Church’s perspective.|
|Children / No. of Kids||None|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
Catherine Hadro (maiden name Catherine Szeltner) is the host of EWTN Pro-Life Weekly, an international television show dedicated to advancing a ‘Culture of Life.’ She used to be a reporter and producer previously.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Background :
- Catherine Hadro was born on October 25, 1991, and is originally from Florida. She has two brothers, Anthony and Sam.
- Her parents raised Catherine and her siblings as Catholics, and it soon became a part of Catherine’s life.
- Catherine’s father was the captain of his university’s soccer team and then went on to be the coach of Countryside’s Youth Soccer team, where he coached his three children.
- Her grandfather was originally from Germany and had immigrated to the US, where he worked night shifts at a steel factory to support his wife and six children. This instilled a sense of hard work and self-discipline within the family, and she grew up having to work summer jobs.
- Her grandma Donna Gene Bailey was a mother of 10 children and completed her 100th birthday in January 2019. Donna was very well educated having a Masters of Education degree.
- She graduated from Florida State University with a major in Communications and Advertising, where she was a part of the News Department and the University’s Advertising Club.
- Since February 2018, Catherine is married to her husband, Matt Hadro, who until June 2019, was the Press Secretary for the US House of Representatives. Matt is also a devout Catholic and is pro-life. Since June 2019, he works as the Senior DC Correspondent for Catholic News Agency.
- Matt and Catherine were first introduced in 2013 in Washington, D.C. by Catherine’s work colleague, Paul. But they didn’t start dating till two years later.
Career, Job, Salary and Net worth :
- Catherine began her career with an internship at WCTV in Tallahassee, Florida, in September of 2010.
- In 2011, she interned with the Youth Ministry for the summer in Brunssum, the Netherlands, where she served in youth ministry for American military families.
- She worked in other places like the News Department at WVFS Tallahassee and The Zimmerman Agency while still studying for her degree. She was a researcher and a writer at the former and a junior content creator for the latter.
- Right before she graduated, Catherine went back to WCTV to intern with them for another five months.
Stint with EWTN :
- After graduation, Catherine accepted a job with EWTN in Washington, D.C as a reporter and producer. She worked in that position for almost three and a half years, during which she reported and wrote stories relevant to the station’s global Catholic audience.
- In 2016, she was chosen as the host and producer of EWTN’s new show, “EWTN Pro-Life Weekly,” where she invites pro-life activists and experts to share their insights regarding the latest developments pertaining to abortion and euthanasia. The show just completed its third season.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Catherine replied back to a post by singer Miley Cyrus where Miley was holding a cake that said “Abortion is Healthcare,” which was in collaboration with Planned Parenthood. Catherine’s reply was her holding a cake that said, “Pro-Life is Pro-Woman” with the caption, “@mileycyrus, I’d love to have a slice with you and chat about how you can’t have a birthday cake when there isn’t a birthday.”
- Hadro started to fully embrace her support for pro-life when she attended a March for Life rally during her first year at University in Washington D.C. About 17,000 Catholic teenagers and young adults marched, and this affected her, and she returned home with a newly established sense of self-identity.