Mollie Ziegler Hemingway is a senior editor at The Federalist and is often described as a “Lightning rod” in the debates about feminism and religious liberty.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Mollie is originally from Denver, Colorado.
- Parents : Mollie’s father was a Lutheran-Missouri Synod pastor & her mother a retired school teacher.
- Education : She has a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the University of Colorado. She graduated in 1997.
- Mollie states that she did not have an interest in journalism in the beginning and wanted to be an academic. Journalism was her second career choice.
Mollie Hemingway Husband and Children :
- Mollie is married to Mark Hemingway, a Senior Writer for The Weekly Standard. As a freelance writer, Mark has contributed to many media outlets such as CNN and Wall Street Journal. They tied the knot on September 15, 2006, at the Immanuel Lutheran Church and are now based in Alexandria, Virginia.
- The pair first met in Northern Virginia at Mark’s first job out of college.
- Their family now also includes their two daughters.
Career, Job, Salary and Net worth :
- A year after graduation, Mollie began her first job as the Director of Strategic Development with the Institute of Humane Studies and the Mercatus Center at George Mason University.
- In 2002, she left and joined Radio & Records as a writer. She was there for one year.
- She became a staff writer at Army Times Publishing Co. in 2003 for four years.
- In 2004, Mollie began writing for The Phillips Foundation, a private family foundation and catalytic capital platform that leverages its resources for positive change through programs such as Impact Investing, Strategic Grants, and Original Programs.
- She also became a regular contributor for GetReligion in 2005. GetReligion is a journalism site focusing on how mainstream media covers religious news in politics, entertainment, business, and sports.
- Mrs. Hemingway continues to deliver stories for The Phillips Foundation and GetReligion today.
- In 2010, she joined the website Ricochet as an editor for three years, after which she joined The Federalist.
- Throughout the years, Mollie has never stopped writing as a freelance writer/journalist, and has contributed to outlets like Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, RealClearPolitics, Christianity Today.
- In March 2017, she was signed on by Fox News as a paid contributor.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Mrs. Hemingway is a strong Lutheran and contributes many articles about defending her faith and practicing it in modern society.
- She considers family time very important, and left a full-time job with Army Times Publishing Company and does freelancing to be able to spend time with her two daughters.
- She often works in a neighborhood coffee shop and late nights.
- Mollie is addicted to the libertarian way of thinking after reading books recommended by her libertarian friend.
- She is interested in writing topics on religious liberty, which works well for her because religion editors are eager to take it.
- Is Mollie Hemingway Related to Ernest Hemingway : Funny Question but NO
- What happened to Mollie Hemingway’s Face Mouth / Did Mollie Hemingway have a stroke? : Despite our best efforts to search there is no publicly available information in this regard.
Mollie Hemingway Measurements :
- Eye Color : Brown
- Haircut / Hair Color : Black
- How tall is Mollie Hemingway Height : 5′5″
- Pregnant? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 2
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American