Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Cheryl Preheim is an experienced American journalist, reporter, and news anchor. She is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
- A natural beauty with a solid work ethic, she has dedicated most of her adult life to delivering quality journalism & discussing the most important stories, both locally and internationally.
Personal Life, Education & Family Background :
- Cheryl was born in Goshen, Indiana & spent most of her childhood living there before later relocating to Colorado.`
- Preheim attended the University of Colorado and graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications and English in 1995.
- She is married and has four children, the youngest being just a couple of years old.
- One of her sons was once admitted into the local Children’s hospital, where he underwent open-heart surgery. Her youngest was also born and received treatment in the NICU section of the Children’s hospital.
- Cheryl and her husband decided to open up about their journey and explained how grateful they were to the Children’s hospital & how happy they were that their children are now well and happy.
Professional Timeline : Salary & Net Worth
- After graduating from college, Cheryl kickstarted her career moving around various TV, private, and public radio stations for a few years.
- She joined the 9News team in 1998, working for the KOA radio show and eventually the KUSA news team in 2000.
- Preheim was a member of the 9News team for close to two decades.
- After a long career in Denver, she finally moved to the sister-station WXIA in Atlanta as a morning news anchor in January 2018. She mentioned that she never intended to leave 9News, but it was a family move eventually.
- Throughout her career, she has traveled abroad and covered big-time events like the Winter and Summer Olympics, where she followed the likes of Champion skier Mikaela Shiffrin and champion swimmer Missy Franklin.
- Cheryl has also reported on local stories such as the Columbine High School Shootings as well as interviewed the former US President, Jimmy Carter.
- Few of her memorable interviews along include the ones with violinist & acclaimed instrumentalist Izhak Perlman as well as Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai.
Awards, Interesting Facts & Trivia :
- When she is not working, Cheryl enjoys spending time with her husband and children.
- She is also a big fan of staying active, traveling to different places, and experiencing different and interesting cultures.
- Preheim loves to be connected with her viewers and takes the time to interact with them, be it through email or on social media. She often updates her audience on interesting stories & also answers any burning questions they might have about her career or some of her own personal ventures.
- Alongside her husband, Preheim is very active in her community and works closely with the Children’s Hospital to help parents whose children are dealing with various ailments. She was also part of the team that created the “Never Shake a Baby” campaign and has worked with Ronald McDonald House for over two decades.
- A truly talented journalist, Cheryl Preheim has received quite a few accolades during her illustrious career, including multiple Emmys, 3 Edward R. Murrow Awards, and Colorado Broadcaster Association Awards.