Lauren Whitney, a tall blonde woman with a broad smile and shoulder-length hair, is the current meteorologist for CBS4, a Denver, Colorado-based news station. She can be seen on-air on weeknights at 5 and 6 p.m.
Personal Life : Parents & Family Background
- Lauren grew up in Phoenix, Arizona, and still considers Arizona her true home.
- She is an avid sports fan and roots for all of Colorado’s teams, as well as the Broncos and the Arizona Diamondbacks, as well as her college’s team, the Sun Devils.
- When she’s not watching sports or the weather, Whitney can be found volunteering with the Junior League of Denver, an organization that works to improve the literacy rates in the Denver metro area.
- She also emcees non-profit events for organizations such as Volunteers of America or the Denver Health Foundation. She also works to empower young girls and partners with local science organizations to get them interested in STEM fields.
- Her favorite candy is ‘Sour Patch Kids,’ and her favorite food is mac and cheese.
- Lauren got married to Walker Monfort on August 10, 2019. Walker is the son of Colorado Rockies chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Dick Monfort.
- The wedding ceremony took place at The Dairy Bloc in Denver, CO. The reception was held at Union Station, one of Denver’s most iconic and historical landmarks. The couple planned their honeymoon in Dubai and The Maldives.
- Walker first noticed Lara when she emceed a gala for the Denver Health Foundation. Walker’s mom chaired the gala. He then sent her a message, which she noticed months later.
Education & College :
Bachelor of Arts :
- Before Whitney turned her sights on meteorology, she had broad interests in the news field as a whole.
- She attended Arizona State University to pursue these interests, and attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism.
- Upon graduation, she earned her first Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism with a minor in political science.
Bachelor of Science :
- After graduating from Arizona State, Whitney began working in the news industry and realized that her true passion lay with the weather.
- She then went back to school and attended Mississippi State University, or MSU.
- There, she graduated with her second bachelor’s degree, this time in geosciences. During her time at MSU, she concentrated her studies in broadcast and operational meteorology.
Profession, Job, Salary & Net Worth :
Early Career :
- Whitney’s first taste of the TV industry was different from most—she immediately got a job after graduation with the Arizona Diamondbacks, a major league baseball team, as a game host at Chase Field.
- Whitney would sift her way through the crowded stadium seats and choose contestants for small games and often found herself projected on the jumbotron with thousands of eyes on her at once. It was certainly good practice for her future on camera.
- Her first on-screen appearance was before an Arizona State vs. Oregon football game.
- When she left the Arizona Diamondbacks, she took a job with KKCO-TV, an NBC-affiliated station based in Grand Junction, Colorado.
- There, she worked as the weather anchor for their morning broadcasts.
- In 2011, Lauren joined CBS4 as an addition to their morning team. She began as a part-time meteorologist, taking up some of then-weatherman Ed Greene’s air time. Greene had worked at the station since 1981, and although he felt ready for retirement, the network’s urgency to replace him with Whitney left him angry.
- Nevertheless, she eventually replaced Greene, and now works at the station full-time.
Lauren Whitney Measurements :
- Eye Color : Blue
- Haircut / Hair Color : Blonde
- How tall is Lauren Whitney Height : 5′ 11″
- Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Lauren Whitney Married ? : Yes
- Children / Baby / No. of Kids : —
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American