Romi Bean is a sports anchor, reporter, and former cheerleader who was born in South Africa. Smart and beautiful, Romi has come a long way since her days as a cheerleader and has worked hard to prove that she is not just another pretty face.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Romi was born in Johannesburg in South Africa.
- Her family relocated to Colorado, USA, when she was very young.
- The youngest of five children in her family, Romi has 4 brothers whom she credits for her love of sport.
Early Life & Education :
- Bean attended the University of Colorado & graduated from their Leeds School of Business with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, Marketing and Management.
- While studying at the University of Colorado, she was part of the school’s cheerleading squad as well as the speech and debate society.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- Romi is quite the multi-talented beauty and has worked in various sectors including sales, real estate, marketing, numismatics, journalism, sport and writing.
- She started off as a cheerleader for the Denver Broncos before joining the team’s marketing department as a summer associate.
- Bean then went on to Malibu, California, where she joined Burnett Entertainment as an entertainment intern. She spent three months working for the company before moving to Beverly Hills, CA where she joined Rodeo Realty Inc. as a Real Estate Intern.
- In August 2011, she became an executive associate for Kevin Lipton Rare Coins, Inc. in Beverly Hills.
- She returned to Colorado in May 2013 and worked as a Yoga Instructor for CorePower Yoga for a little over two years before leaving for Alphapage, LLC where she worked as a Business Development Manager for almost 2 years.
- After spending a few years bouncing around different markets, Romi decided to venture into broadcasting and started as an intern at iHeartRadio. She would later become the executive producer and eventually an on-air host.
- Romi made the transition from radio to TV in 2017, joining CBS as a Sports Reporter.
- Bean currently works at KCNC, as a sports reporter. She joined the station in February 2018.
- Her current journey is quite inspiring, considering she does not have a degree in Communications or Journalism.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- When she is not working, Romi enjoys staying active. She loves to ski during her spare time as well to do Yoga.
- She also enjoys watching live sporting events and likes spending time with close friends and family.
- Bean considers herself to be quite the comedian and takes pleasure in making people around her laugh.
- Romi also enjoys traveling and trying out different foods at various restaurants. She particularly enjoys eating sushi.
- Her biggest challenge and greatest risk so far have been climbing the famous Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. She climbed the mountain with friends and spent months planning the trip.
- One of her cheerleading videos went viral in Oct 2016, when Romi dressed as a dinosaur (T-Rex) & yet matched the difficult steps performed by the remaining cheerleaders.