Coleen Christie is an award-winning Canadian Newscaster, Emcee, and Public Speaker based in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Christie was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia & raised in Victoria, British Columbia.
- Education : She attended the University of Victoria, where she earned her Bachelor of Arts Degree in English, History and Art History.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Coleen is single & a self-described “foodie,” but she maintains a healthy diet and mostly eats a can sardines and some vegetables for lunch everyday.
- Her love of food extended to her creating a food blog “Coleen’s Dish” where she shared her amazing food recipes.
- She enjoys working out and in particular yoga and has been quoted as saying “yoga brings [a] peace to her physical and mental health.”
- She also works out with a trainer once a week and actually walks to work.
- Christie loves animals of all kinds & has been known to sing a little karaoke under the right “circumstances.”
- Coleen also regularly shares her work with fans all over the world through her Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts.
TV Career : Job, Salary and Net worth
- Coleen has worked for CTV News Vancouver for over 20 years where she was the Principal Anchor.
- She started her career in journalism with CHEK-TV. In 1997, she moved to what was then called VTV Vancouver & since 2001 hosted the 5 p.m. news.
- Later, she was a regular fill-in anchor in other time spots.
- After ending her stint with CTV in January 2017, she can now be found hosting on Global Television Network. She joined the network in April 2017.
- In addition to her career as a news anchor, Coleen has also served as producer/creative director in television promotion & marketing.
- She has anchored some of the news events including the Boston Marathon Bombing and national coverage of the verdict in the murder trial of Canada’s most notorious serial killer, Robert Pickton.
Key Work, Salary, Projects and Net worth :
- In 2010, Coleen served as a key member of the CTV Olympic broadcast team, where she co-anchored an unprecedented, unscripted, 9-hour national broadcast of the final day of the 2010 Olympic Torch Relay, through the city on the opening day of The Games.
- Coleen is also a TEDx Vancouver alum where she spoke on modern news consumption.
- A key part of the CTV team, she was awarded the prestigious Edward R. Murrow Award for overall excellence.
- Coleen plays an active role in the community and is involved with many charitable organizations in & around Vancouver.
- She has been a past Board Member for The Rare Disease Foundation.