Tara Overholt is a reporter, news anchor, and producer who lives in Calgary, Canada. Talented, adventurous, and smart, Tara has always been passionate about chasing her dreams while also not afraid to pursue new exciting ventures.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Tara was born with the full name Tara Nicole Overholt and lived in Ontario, Canada, for a significant amount of time before moving to Calgary, Canada.
- She was in a long-term romantic relationship with Jay McNeil, a former Canadian Football player. Jay played for the Calgary Stampeders and has a son who, judging by their social media accounts, is close to both him and Tara.
- In June 2019, Jay and Tara tied the knot in NYC at Central Park, surrounded by close friends and family. They had a Pizza reception at John’s Pizzeria.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Overholt attended York University and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications and Sociology. While at York, she played for the school’s women’s rugby team and was a part of the Stong College Government.
- She also attended Seneca College where she obtained a Diploma in Television and Radio Broadcasting.
Career, Job, Salary & Net worth :
- After graduating from university, Tara began working at Bayshore Radio in Owen Sound, Ontario as a news anchor and reporter. She focused on general assignments and was also a reporter for the City Hall for one year.
- Tara left Bayshore Radio and began working as a sports anchor for WI Windsor and the New PL. She was also fortunate enough to shot her own stories in addition to editing and producing.
- From Sep 2002 – Jan 2007, Tara joined as a sports anchor/reporter at CTV, covering & shooting numerous sports-related stories.
- In 2007, Overholt joined CTV News London and began working as a video journalist, producer, and news anchor. As the 11 pm show’s anchor, she was responsible for managing over 15 employees, supervising, producing, and managing lineup decisions all by herself. She also worked as a fill-in co-host for the network’s morning show.
- In March 2012, she was promoted to a senior news anchor for CTV News in addition to doing various other tasks such as writing, editing, vetting news scripts, and interviewing experts and guests.
- In August 2018, Tara left CTV News London and stated that she was going to be pursuing different interests in Calgary. Camille Ross, who started work in September 2018, replaced her.
- Post her 16-year stint with CTV, Tara became an Instructor at Reeves College. She taught ‘Social Media Marketing and Effective Business Writing’ from Sep 2018 – Feb 2019.
- In February 2019, she returned to the world of broadcasting – As a reporter/host for Breakfast Television & CityNews Calgary (BT City News Calgary).
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- When she is not working, Tara does her best to give back to her community and help underprivileged people. In 2014, she joined the Youth Opportunities Unlimited Campaign Committee and continues to be an integral member of the campaign.
- From 2011 to 2013, she was a member of the Hope’s Garden Executive Committee and has also been an EMCEE as well as a speaker for several events and galas since 2002.
- When she is not working or participating in various charity events, she loves to play golf, watch the news and watch indie flicks. She is also an avid fan of coffee.
- She is very active on social media and is on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat. She enjoys sharing her adventures with her partner Jay on her social media platforms.