Dana Levenson is a Canadian journalist, reporter and television anchor. Until November 2020, she was a part of the CTV Toronto news team for almost two decades, reporting across a whole spectrum of news topics, from breaking news to sports and weather.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Dana Levenson was born on October 5. She has spent the majority of her life in Toronto, including her childhood and most of her adult life.
- She lives together with her husband Kevin Green, who is a family/emergency doctor.
- Levenson and Green married in 2018 & moved in together, blending their two families into one big family that consists of five children – two of which are Levenson’s sons. Their family is complete with two pet dogs.
- Before her marriage to Kevin, Dana was a single mother to her then-young sons.
The Family Home :
- When Dana & Kevin built their seven-bedroom home together, the couple brought pieces of furniture from their old lives – especially pieces inherited from their grandparents that they felt were important for themselves and their children.
- One of Dana’s favourite rooms in her big house is her kitchen and living room spaces. As family is very important to her, these spaces have special significance to her, as they are the ones where they can be together.
- Following an ‘open door policy’ in her house, the family constantly has guests over, making it a vibrant and social place.
- Levenson has a secret room inside her closet, where she sometimes goes to be completely alone.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Dana studied at Western Film’s Studies program. She also studied at Ryerson’s Radio and Television Arts program.
- After graduating, she moved to New York, where she immediately secured for herself an internship at CBS.
Career, Job, Salary & Net worth :
- Dana Levenson began her full-time career after returning to her hometown of Toronto, Canada. Her first job in media was at The Women’s Television Network, where she worked as a story producer. During this time, she also worked as an anchor on The Weather Network.
- Her next career move was to work at CTV Toronto, where worked for decades in various roles.
- One of the biggest stories Levenson reported at CTV was the use of unsterilized medical equipment, which was a huge scandal that took place at Lakeridge Health Centre. The story was quickly noticed & spread across the entire country.
- According to Dana, the best part about being a reporter – Meeting new faces every week, telling fresh stories, and enjoying the challenge that every day at work is new and different.
- Why did Dana Levenson leave CTV / Dana Levenson Where is she now? : In November 2020, Dana left CTV and started her own podcast – OntheDL. In an interview, she stated that she had hit a cement ceiling at CTV…there was no way up so she had to go out. After many years of requesting management for a change, she finally decided to leave her TV career and started her new journey.
Fun Facts & Trivia :
- Two decades ago, it felt like winning the lottery for Dana when the news director for CTV Toronto spotted her on tv. He cold-called every Levenson in the White Pages (phone directory) until he found her.
- Dana used to step out of her TV personality the moment she got home, where she is primarily just ‘Mom.’ At home, she wears comfy clothes, turns her phone off and gives her full attention to looking after her family and enjoying life to the fullest.
- She enjoys eating meals with her family and when the weather allows for it – going on bike rides and walks.
- Her advice for young to-be journalists – Have a positive attitude, acquire quality education and always be a team player!
- Dana was acknowledged as the National Ambassador for Universal Womens Network™. She considers it to be a tremendous honour.
- Dana Levenson Illness / Health Update / Sick : She does not seem to be ill or have any sickness issues till date and seems to be in good health.
Dana Levenson Measurements :
- Eye Colour : Green
- Haircut / Hair Colour : Blonde
- How tall / Height : No confirmed information available.
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Marital Status / Married? : Yes
- Dana Levenson Children / Kids : 2
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : Canadian