Jacey Birch Wikipedia, Age, Married, Biography, WPLG Wiki, Baby, Bio
Jacey Birch Marriage / Husband / Wedding / Partner
Currently Married. See details below.
Birthday / Date of Birth / How old is Jacey Birch Age
Background Profile / Wikipedia Information
Jacey Birch is a traffic and weather presenter for Florida’s Local 10 News.
Personal Life : Education & Family Details
- Jacey is a native of Florida, having been born in North Miami.
- After spending her early childhood years there, her family moved to Broward County when she was 10 years old.
- Jacey’s dad was an outdoor enthusiast & loved boating and fishing.
- Education : She attended Deerfield Beach Middle & High School.
- From there, she headed to the University of Florida where she completed a double major. She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts with a major in political science, and a Bachelor of Science with a major in journalism.
- Jacey describes herself as a tree-hugger, as she is a vegan & an advocate for many animal rights foundations. She is known for using her TV platform to bring awareness to the causes that she supports.
- She regularly works with the Human Society of Broward County, and it was there that she adopted her 2 dogs – Simba and Jagger.
- In April 2018, she completed her first triathlon & went on to complete a second one in under 7 days.
Jacey Birch Husband & Married Life :
- In November 2014, Birch got engaged to her boyfriend of one year, Local 10 meteorologist Trent Aric.
- The two had been friends for many years, but only began dating in late 2013.
- On the day of the proposal, Birch thought she was coming into the studio to film an interview with The American Kennel Club, however as she made her way to the set she saw Aric on one knee. Her colleagues present on the day have said it is the only time they have ever seen her speechless.
- They eloped just a few months later to Bora Bora, with only the local celebrant & event planner as their wedding witnesses.
- They chose the emerald blue waters in Bora Bora at the Four Seasons Resort as the wedding venue. The date was April 12th 2015.
- The couple went on to have their first child – Their son Jupiter in September 2016. Jupiter was born with only one functioning kidney.
Career, Profession, Salary & Net Worth :
- Birch’s very first job out of University came in late 1999, when she received a reporting role with WBOY Network in Clarkesbury, Virginia.
- Her first role with the network was covering the expected disaster of the Y2K bug, and her story won her rave reviews.
- 6 months in that role, she made the move to Roanoke, after being offered a role with the Virginia network WDBJ. She worked as a weather reporter and also covered entertainment stories.
- From there, she went to work with WZTV in Nashville, Tennessee.
- It was during her time in Nashville that she caught the eye of a producer in Florida. They offered her a role with their Local 10 station, and she jumped at the opportunity, as it would mean being closer to her home and parents.
- As of 2019, she has been with Local 10 for over 10 years, and is responsible for their weather and traffic reports. She also fills in for the sports reporting segments when needed.
December 1976. As of 2019, she is around 43 years old.