Wiki Biography / Profile Background
- A dynamic bilingual, beautiful Latina brunette, Jennifer Correa is the morning meteorologist at CBS Miami network. She joined the network in October 2018. Prior to that, she was the weekend morning meteorologist on the Local 10 News network in South Florida.
- A South Florida native, she was born on May 5, 1987, in Miami to parents Fernando Correa & Berta Vivian Correa.
- Jennifer loves dogs, earth and space science, the environment, and coffee!
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Jennifer Correa’s hometown is Miami. She was raised in Kendall, Miami-Dade County, Florida.
- She has one sibling named Stephanie Correa who is 6 years younger.
- When she was five years old, in 1992, her family was affected by Hurricane Andrew.
- She is married to Capt. Joseph ‘Joe’ Leonardo.
- Jennifer gave birth to her first child – A son named Joseph Michael Leonardo (born on January 31, 2017). At the time of birth, he weighed 7 pounds 9 ounces & was healthy.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Correa did her primary schooling from the Calusa Elementary School in Miami.
- After that, she attended the Arvida Middle School & Felix Varela Senior High School. In high school, she was on the Enchanter Dance team & an officer and student pilot of the aviation club called ‘Wings.’ She completed her first solo flight in December 2004.
- In 2009, Jennifer graduated from Florida State University with a Bachelor of Science degree. Meteorology was her major & Mathematics and Physics were her minor subjects.
- While studying, she was a member of the American Meteorological Society (AMS), North Florida Chapter, and a student meteorologist for the University channel. She also did an internship at the Science Media Centre in London, UK.
- She attributes Hurricane Andrew (that occurred in her childhood) for inspiring her to become a meteorologist.
TV Career, Job, Salary and Net worth :
- Worked in AccuWeather as its bilingual meteorologist; delivering weather information in both English and Spanish. There, she gained fame by tracking Hurricane Sandy as it was heading for the Jersey shore. She also covered the blizzard of 2013 that caused 30 inches of snow in the South of New England as well as the deadly tornado that caused havoc in Moore, Oklahoma, in May 2013.
- As an affiliate, she has appeared on Fox News, ABC World News, ABC News Digital and Fox Business. She also appeared on Spanish weather shows at Telemundo Atlanta, KSMS Univision Monterey, Cableonada Panama, Bolivision Bolivia, Calblecom Mexico, ZBM News in Bermuda and Fox 11 in Reno, Nevada.
- In August 2014, she joined the morning segment of the WPLG Local 10 News in Miami, Florida. Her job here was to inform her viewers about the weather as a meteorologist.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Correa was a dancer at the ‘Danceworks of Miami Studio’ for 13 years.
- She has competed in National Physical Committee (NPC) competitions – the largest amateur bodybuilding organization in the United States of America & came third at the 2011 NPC Miami Classic Championships in Bikini Class B.
- A pet lover, Jennifer owns four dogs and birds with the names Max, Fluffy, Rio, and Rocky. One of her dogs is a Pomeranian.
- During her morning show at WPLG, Correa also used to help people to buy and own lost dogs. She also promoted this through her Instagram channel.
- She is a huge fan of the Florida State University football team.
- In 2012, she had appeared in an episode of Dateline NBC. The episode was titled ‘Sandy: Rescue and Recovery’.
Shyann Malone【 Bio Wiki 】Husband, Baby, Height, Age, Net worth
Laurie Jennings Age (Wikipedia) Husband, Salary, Birthday, Net worth
Jacey Birch Wikipedia, Age, Married, Biography, WPLG Wiki, Baby, Bio
Samantha Bryant Wiki, Age, Bio, WPLG, Parents, Salary, Net worth
Nicole Perez Channel 10 WPLG, Age ( Wikipedia Bio ) Husband, Wedding
I believe that I know your Dad. He has a brother, Raul, and Raul’s wife is named Carolina. I lived in Westchester…my wife is named was Nelly and my name is Hermana and I live in the Crossings. Somehow we lost contact with each other. Please let me know if I am correct.
It is Jan. 22nd, 2022. Great to see and hear from you this morning. I look forward to your appearances but wish there could be more during the week. You may be one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen.
You are stunning. Lucky husband and son. I look forward to Channel 4’s weekend weather. My son is a weather observer @MIA. I’d like to hear from you someday.