Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- A dynamic bilingual, beautiful Latina brunette, Jennifer Correa is the morning meteorologist on the Local 10 News network in South Florida
- A South Florida native, she was born on 5th May’1987 in Miami and raised in Kendall.
- Loves dogs, earth and space science, the environment, and coffee!
Family Background & Education :
- Correa’s hometown is Miami, Florida.
- Her parents are Fernando Correa & Berta Vivian Correa.
- She as one sibling named Stephanie Correa who is 6 years younger.
- When she was 5 years old, in 1992, her family was affected by Hurricane Andrew.
- She is engaged to Joseph Leonardo.
- She gave birth to her first child – A son named Joseph Michael Leonardo (born on 31st January 2017). At the time of birth, he weighed 7 pounds 9 ounces & was healthy.
- She did her primary schooling from Calusa Elementary School in Miami.
- After that, she attended the high school Arvida Middle Felix Varela Senior High School. There, she was on the Enchanter Dance team & an officer and student pilot of the aviation club called ‘Wings’. She completed her first solo flight on 11th December 2004.
- She graduated from Florida State University in 2009 with a Bachelor of Science degree. Meteorology was her major & Mathematics and Physics were her minor subjects.
- Whilst studying, she was a member of the American Meteorological Society, North Florida Chapter and a student meteorologist for the University channel. She also did an internship at the Science Media Centre, London, United Kingdom.
- She attributes Hurricane Andrew (that occurred in her childhood) with the credit of inspiring her to be a meteorologist.
Salary, Net Worth & TV Career :
- Worked in AccuWeather as its bilingual meteorologist; delivering weather information in both English and Spanish. There, she gained fame by tracking Hurricane Sandy as it was heading for Jersey shore. She also covered the blizzard of 2013 that caused 30 inches of snow in the South of New England as well as the deadly tornado that casued havoc in Moore, Oklahoma in May 2013.
- As an affiliate, she has appeared on Fox News, ABC World News, ABC News Digital and Fox Business. She also appeared on Spanish weather shows at Telemundo Atlanta, KSMS Univision Monterey, Cableonada Panama, Bolivision Bolivia, Calblecom Mexico, ZBM News in Bermuda and Fox 11 in Reno, Nevada.
- In the month of August, 2014, she joined morning segment of the Local 10 News, Miami, Florida, United States. Her job is to give her viewers information about weather as a meteorologist. WPLG Local 10 is an ABC affiliate.
- In 2012, she had appeared as herself in an episode of a TV series documentary named Dateline NBC. The episode was titled ‘Sandy: Rescue and Recovery’.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- She was a dancer at the ‘Danceworks of Miami Studio’ for 13 years.
- Has competed in National Physical Committee (NPC) competitions – largest amateur body-building organisation in United States of America & came third at the 2011 NPC Miami Classic Championships in Bikini Class B.
- Owns four dogs and birds with names Max, Fluffy, Rio and Rocky. One of her dogs is a Pomeranian.
- A huge fan of the Florida State University football team.
- At her morning show, she tries to find people to buy and own lost dogs. She also promotes this through her Instagram channel.